4" Cardstock Circle Punch Inquiry

Making ladybug crafts for Carrollton Ladybug Release. Does anyone know how I can punch a pack of red 8 1/2"x11" cardstock into 4" circles into two semicircles for wings and a black 4" circle for the ladybug body? Kids will stamp their own dots on the wings.

The lasers could do that pretty easily.

4 Likes

Will someone be willing to meet me this week sometime? I don’t have clearance yet to access laser. Still need to take a class…

I’m not sure what sizes we’ve got in the punches for the button making back in Creative Arts. Maybe @coffeebean knows what our max punch is? Or @mreynolds .

Historically, they maxed out @ 2.25".

1 Like

Huh. Looks like a mail-order deal for a 4" punch. Michael’s biggest is 3.5" (but it comes up when you ask for 4"), Jo-ann’s has a 4", but it’s not available in stores. Hobby Lobby thinks 2" is big.

https://www.amazon.com/NT-Cutter-Circle-diameter-C-1500/dp/B0016V7NZM/ref=asc_df_B0016V7NZM/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242037806074&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16885458226338600869&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026911&hvtargid=pla-432284935844&psc=1

Do we think we’d have enough continuing interest to buy one of these @mreynolds ?

Why not cut it out on the Silhouette?

2 Likes

Is that in Printmaking? I have a 3" craft punch coming in tomorrow from Amazon. Will see if it does the trick.

1 Like

I might could swing by Friday afternoon if that worked for you. Assuming no one else is available sooner.

The Silhouette is the vinyl cutter which can also cut some cardstocks as well. It wont leave the burn residue that lasers will either, but its also much much slower.

2 Likes

what colour is your card stock? how many 4" circles do you want?

Black and red 4" circles = how many?

And the matching pairs of half circles in red ?

I can cut these at work in mat board.

3 Likes

Yes in creative arts. Can help you if you need it.

2 Likes

100 red circles cut in half for wings. 100 black circles for the body.

Thank you. Will confirm if the punch coming in today works.

1 Like

I just sketched this too big. Lol! If they’re 3" then it’ll fit 4 per sheet. So 200 circles cut in half and 200 body.

Looks like max size (without weird stuff) is about 4-1/3 inches in diameter to get 4 circles out of 8.5x11 sheet…
circle_check.pdf (1.4 MB)
@ 3" we could get 9 per sheet…
3-in_circle_check.pdf (1.4 MB)

(there’s probably better out there, but this is the one I found on a whim…)

2 Likes

Andrew, how many from a 39" x 59" sheet with .25" spacing between ?

128 4" circles…
if I did this right…

You can fit semicircle wings at the ends of the short rows…

1 Like

2 Likes

Circle Punch was too small, but think I can knock it out freehand. Thank you, for all your help. :heartbeat::lady_beetle:

2 Likes