3d Vacuum press status? (2020-12-23)

When I took the class with @CaryF300 for dye sublimation the 3d vacuum press was non-functional.

Has this been fixed?

I ended up being able to use the flat press for it (wasn’t sure how well it would get into the recesses of the puzzles I was doing, but it worked)

A cursory look I didn’t see the power cord to try the 3d press. I’d still like to know if it’s operational soni can do yeti bottles.

Also, @Team_Creative_Arts I forgot to use some paper on the bottom for bleed (though I did on the top) and bleed onto the (separate) cloth sheet on the press. Is there a roll of that material? If not I’ll order some of someone shares a source.

Do we not have a mug press for bottles? I’d rather use a mug press or wrap for round objects - gets better contact than a vacuum blanket will.

Need a wrap for every size, plus batch jobs

That is a teflon sheet. It should be cleanable. I believe that is the only one we have. I’ll swing by tonight and take a look at it. I’ve got another call in about the 3D press.

We do have a mug press, but whether it will fit what he is trying to do is the big question. most of the Yeti bottles are too big for a mug press. Also, we do use wraps in the 3D vacuum press; it is used as an oven an the vacuum feature is not used.

3 Likes

Any update on the 3d press?

Carey is swamped til Valentine’s day. I didn’t do any testing of the dye sub this past weekend, only vinyl. If noone else gets to it, I can look at it weekend after next.

1 Like

I did confirm today that a replacement switch has been secured and is on its way to me today. As soon as I get it, I’ll find time to get in there and get it installed. Soon after I will have a few quick classes to go over it for the people that haven’t been able to see it in action during the recent Dye Sub 101 classes.

2 Likes

With the issue with the other press, guess it’s time for my monthly ping on the status for the 3d press.

~H

1 Like