3D Scanning Help Requested

Does anyone have experience with 3D scanning at DMS?

I’m looking to create a CAD file of a physical part via 3D scanning. I’ve used Faro arms before for this sort of thing. Wondering what is available.

Hey Nate,

Sorry I’m slow - I’ll be up at the Space some this evening and should be free after 8ish, and also tomorrow after 4pm.

The 3D scanner is in an orange plastic box in the unlocked cabinet nearest the window. Feel free to explore on your own if you want to get started without waiting on me.

I recommend bringing a laptop and installing the software for the most flexibility in scanning location. However, an older version should be installed and configured on the 3D Fab PC nearest the cabinets.

Software and downloads are here: POP Softwares - Revopoint 3D Technologies Inc. - 3D scanner APP

Evan,

Thanks for letting me know. I’m not sure my 2012 MacBook will run it without a major OS update.

Is it possible to use with DMS computers? I presume it’ll run on Windows just fine.

Oops forgot to mention I’ll try to get there around 8 PM as well. We’ll go from there.

You can run it on one 3D Fab computer, but we don’t yet have a computer on wheels or a solution that easily accommodates scanning larger parts.

The main difficulty with the software is it requires Admin privileges to connect to the scanner.