3d resin printer question

I printed using clear resin.
I put it in the wash for 10min. It came out drippy/sticky with resin.

1. Should I break off the supports now or later?
  2. Should I wipe the sticky off with alcohol before curing?
  3. Do the supports need to go through curing box, too?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Huh. I wonder if the glass is dirty.

Were I in your shoes I’d cure it before doing anything else.

Tip: Leaving it in the sunshine for a few days will finish curing it. It should be hard-as-a-rock when fully cured.

1 Like

You should cure completely before removing supports. With the clear resin I also recommend that you remove the supports from the raft first before trying to remove the support from the part.

Side note: if it feels sticky after curing that means the wash bath needs to be replaced. If the bath is 10% or more resin particulate it won’t rinse fully and the “uncurable” resin sticks to your part.

2 Likes

Side note: if it feels sticky after curing that means the wash bath needs to be replaced. If the bath is 10% or more resin particulate it won’t rinse fully and the “uncurable” resin sticks to your part.

After reading the instructions on the wall again, I wondered if that might be the case, but it’s my second print so I’m not really sure what it’s supposed to look/feel like :slight_smile:

It’s going to sit in a window for a few days.

Thanks, everyone!

Outside (if possible). The window will filter out some / most / all of the UV wavelength. Like a red-tailed hawk, your part prefers to not wear sunglasses.

Or like Corey Hart during the day.

But with caution in the TX heat: resin parts can sag if they get too hot.

Tuesday and Wednesday are supposed to be “cooler” (for Texas values of cooler) this week (July 23-24).