3d printer troubles

I have a prusa mk3s +. I put it together my self. The first two prints were great, but now it won’t print more the 20 minutes before the nozzle hits the filament on the bed, moving the print all around. Can some one out there help me out.

Sounds like could be a couple of issues. The layer height is not gaining enough over time to clear your print or the adhesion on your bed is not good enough.

2 Likes

It might also be an issue with the Z-motors/axis.

What happens when you raise the Z-height manually, then lower by the same amount? Does it get back to the same height? Do this a few times and in various amounts of up/down, then return to the same position you started. The LCD display should be at the same value you started the test. If the actual height is different even though the LCD thinks it is back where it started then you have an issue with the Z motors and/or shaft/screw.

3 Likes

And if it moves the same distance up and down, but the distance isn’t what you told it (say you say go up 10mm and down 10mm but it actually goes 5mm each way) then you need to check your axis settings like steps per mm.

I’ve cleaned the bed with alcohol. still the same problem . Should I up the printing speed?

I’ve manually moved the z axis… everything seems fine. I’ve also done the test of putting a flat head under the sensor and checking the value (1’0) that seems fine as well.I also cleaned the board with alcohol and a paper towel.

Try putting down a layer of blue painters tape over the print bed.

Hello, sorry for the very delayed response. I’ve tried all of our suggestions, and a few adjustments of my own, and I’m still running into the problem. Is there any way I could bring my printer into the makerspace and somebody could help me out in person. I tried stopping by recently but they are not allowing walk-ins at this time.

Thank You: Daniel