3D Printer Looking for a Good Home

I was an early Kickstarter backer of the “Rapid-3D 200 Lite” 3D printer (https://www.3dhubs.com/3d-printers/rapide-lite-200). It’s well designed and very sturdy, but even though I did take delivery of my printer and was able to successfully use it, the company never really got off the ground and, as far as I can tell, seems to be out of business.

In any case, I bought it because I wanted to print 3D objects, not make a hobby out of tinkering with a 3D printer. So, it’s up for adoption to a good home, free of charge, but no warranty of any kind :wink:

Send me a message if you’re interested.

1 Like

You should donate it to @uglyknees to add to her budding makerspace

6 Likes

Ill take it if your serious. id like to see how different printers opperate… and i promise to give it a good home ^^

2 Likes

Next up for our art departments make space too! The quidi is everything axi said it would be

Thanks @Lampy
I have jokes on budding and needing fertilizer…but I’ll skip them.

It sounds like @axeonos is probably the best option. Keep in mind that it should be considered its own project–I think it could potentially be made into a useful tool, but it’s far from a “ready to use” 3D printer.

@axeonos: I’ll coordinate with you on the PM.

Sorry I got to this one late - I’ve been trying to find an affordable option for my boys to start learning at home as well as use with my budding jewelry business.

@Jchon_Paradise: Unless you want the printer itself to be your hobby, this probably isn’t what you want anyway.

I am working on learning to build printers. I would love it if @Axeonos changes his mind. I am currently building a more standard printer, but I’d like to work on this one. I am super interested. I seem to always be too slow on grabbing the cool stuff on here.

I don’t have a 3d printer right now, but I am building one. I bet I could get that one working before I finished my own. And its the style I wanted to try using.

If I can get it working well and make the modifications I want to make, Ill probably donate it to DMS.

If anyone else has 3d printers lying around, I’m interested.

yeah no Axeonos is not changing HER mind. Axeonos still wants the printer.

1 Like

Sounds good. I apologize for questioning HER thoughts.