3d Print project for Donation to elementary school

Things everybody. I’ve got a 16 sets printed for myself already. I’m away from the house this weekend at a national park camping. but I will be back on Monday so just print what you can and I’ll figure out a way to collect them sometime next week and distribute them to the teachers. You can pm ur email me and I can send you an STL but I’ve been printing them as a 10% infill with PLA color doesn’t matter

I should have 40 pairs (two 19 desk rooms’s worth) ready to mail on Monday morning.

FWIW, I can print 10 pairs at a time on my Prusa.

20% infill takes 21 hours and uses 460ish grams if filament. 10% infill takes 18ish hours and 400ish grams. I’m running 20% infill and get 20 pairs of brackets per spool (with a bit left over).

3 Likes

Side question… would these clips help other teachers/schools or are they specific to the school?

I’m thinking that these are a bit specific to this school. They gave the teachers dividing boards, but no way to connect them to the desks/tables. So unless some other school is similarly short-sighted, they shouldn’t have the same issue. That said, who knows? Maybe the whole clip/divider board thing might be a distancing solution that other schools need, but they haven’t thought of that yet? (That’s what they get for dropping shop class out of the curriculum.)

@dryad2b ya i think this is a specific problem. not sure about other districts or even other schools in the same district.

the divider boards seem very generic and are not sized correctly for the desks at this school. the boards are not wide enough and are too long. makes it awkward. they gave the teachers binder clips…but there isn’t any way to actually use the binder clips for anything.

@SteveDC

its a good question. im not sure. see above reply

We’ve got 10 done. When/ Where do you want them?

thanks everyone we have enough now for all the teachers that needed them.

if you made any more i’ll take them for spares.

2 Likes