3D Fab Committee Meeting - October 17th @ 9:00 AM

We’ll be meeting at 9:00 AM on October 17th (a couple hours before the Board Meeting that day) in the Interactive (“Hands On”) Classroom to vote on our recommendation for the 3D Fabrication Committee Chairperson position. I have submitted it to be added to the Dallas Makerspace Event Calendar, so it should show up on it soon.

I have submitted my intent to run, to continue as our Chairperson. I’ve done a lot for the committee during my tenure as Chair, and there are many more things that I’d like to do to continue the growth of 3D Fab at Dallas Makerspace, as Chairperson over 3D Fab! :slight_smile:

Anyone else who may be interested in running for the position, please remember to submit your intent to run via email to: [email protected] no later than 8:00 PM, on October 8th. Thanks! :slight_smile:

About the meeting:
Per the Board’s recent decision, members must be in good standing and present (in person) or have a proxy present on their behalf at the time of the meeting.

If you are sending another member to act as your proxy for this vote, please send an email message to [email protected] with a Cc to [email protected] prior to the meeting so we will have it in writing in time for the meeting.

• The meeting will begin at 9:00 AM for a brief Questions & Answers session.
  • Voting will take place from 9:30 AM - 9:45 AM.
  • The votes will be tallied and the recommendation will be added to the Board Meeting agenda prior to the beginning of their meeting.

I hope to see y’all there!
Thanks!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have also sent my nomination for 3D fab chair.

As you know I’ve been working with Lisa as assistant chair, providing classes and training for 3D fab equipment. I am willing to continue training on the other equipment (3d scanner, other printers) along with the Polyprinters and hope to train more trainers so we can have adequate classes.

I will try to be there or find a proxy, I might have to stay up Friday night until 9am :smile:

Edit: I am helping with the E-nable booth at the Denton Mini Makerfaire at 10am so I might have to find a proxy if I don’t make it.

Thanks Lisa.

1 Like

Give Lisa your proxy … she’ll be there to vote it. :wink:

3 Likes

The 3D Fabrication Committee held our meeting on Saturday, October 17th, from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM - with a voting time frame from 9:30 AM - 9:45 AM, as outlined in this post on TALK.

The following members were present:
Lisa Selk
Erin Robertson (aka: Axie)
David Kessinger
Ira Medcalf

The following members sent e-mail messages to request I proxy vote on their behalf:
Oguz Yetkin
Julio Nieto

The following members sent e-mail messages to request Axie proxy vote on their behalf:
Mitch Cerroni
Alex Rhodes

All Voting Members are currently members of Dallas Makerspace in good standing.

Prior to the vote, David proposed that we vote on Lisa and Mitch as Co-chairs.
All present agreed, then the vote was held.

Final vote 8-0, all in favor to vote Lisa and Mitch in as Co-chairs for the 3D Fabrication Committee. As such, it is the recommendation of the 3D Fab Committee to the Board of Directors to appoint Lisa Selk and Mitch Cerroni as Co-chairpersons for the 3D Fabrication Committee.

Thanks!
Lisa
:slight_smile:

4 Likes