3 dimensional burns

Who did this to the new (formerly) good iron?

EDIT: I looked in the cabinet and this was the OLD iron. I don’t think it is repairable. Maybe we should trash it?

It is amazing that you didn’t know to stop when it started burning but you kept going until the iron was ruined.

Words fail me.

1 Like

I hope that the person who did this steps forward.

Any idea when this might of happened? It must of made the room smell lovely

It’s worth buying some iron cleaner and trying - I think I bought some at one point. Should be in the sewing cabinet.

I’m innocent. One look at my clothes proves that I’ve never used an iron.

9 Likes

I second that. maybe a scouring pad will help. Else there is sandpaper in the woodshop and a flycutter in the machine shop.

Is that the “good” iron? The other has been like that for a while now.

Hey - good news. This appears to be the “old” iron.

2 Likes

Re-read Chris’ original post. It was the good iron. How does that happen? smh

I was WRONG! I admit it. It was the old iron.

3 Likes

At least we now have some suggestions on how the old iron might be able to get refreshed a bit now… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Steel wool and some nice solvent should take that off.

I had the same idea, but how do you fixture an iron?

Very carefully______

Right angle air die grinder with the scotch brite pads. It will clean it up real quick.

1 Like

Have at it! I saw it tonight, it’s baaaaad lol

Sandblaster. Only way to be sure.

I’ve burned stuff onto irons and heat pressed at my shop that looked like this. Try Iron cleaner it really does work, you end up wrecking a cloth in the process though. In Hatchers I have some cut t-shirt rags you can use for this.

https://www.amazon.com/Faultless-Starch-40110-Cleaner1oz-Grams/dp/B000LNRMH0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1495025213&sr=8-2&keywords=iron+cleaner

If this doesn’t do a good enough job, grab some steel wool and heat the iron up. scrub with steel wool. Irons are not broken till the heating element goes out.

Ordered - should be here today at some point.

1 Like