2nd Artists for a Green New Deal event: Thursday 8/22 at 7 pm

I hope that explains where I am coming from with Love … Life force … Abraham-Hicks calls it Vibrational Alignment to your source … Some call it God… the video called it the signularity… whatever you call it, that is where the power is …

1 Like

I appreciate your desire for a better world, but I guess I can’t agree with all of this – there’s not in my experience any state of mind you can put yourself in that will make you less hungry if you are starving, or if your children are starving. And as for “who gets the money when it’s redistributed” – we already have “redistribution”, but it goes upward from the working class and oppressed to the owners of Amazon, the people who profit from making their workers in the Amazon warehouses pee in bottles and eat no lunch and work 12 hour shifts running. And indeed, when this country was founded we had redistribution from the slaves who labored to build the country to their owners and kidnappers, which is why reparations would also represent a return from unfair redistribution of wealth away from those who created it to “labor being entitled to all it creates”.

2 Likes

@altelecky I’m sorry that my comment about the vomit emoji and the responses have detracted from your original post.

2 Likes

It depends on how you define “Efficient”. It sounds like you are valuing everyone’s time as basically zero. If you have a bus that will hold 50 people, all other things being equal, you have to value each person’s time as minimal because they have to wait for the other people’s stops before they reach their own. So a lot of time is wasted to save a little energy.

Russell Ward

Actually I think we will end up with self driving cars and other personal transports all automated much like an elevator with seats but it wizzes you off where you want to go …

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Aw, it’s okay – I enjoy discussing politics. And if anything, this has probably meant more people have noticed the original post than would have otherwise. :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, I’m also assuming that we’ll start building cities more rationally than we do now. “Transit oriented development” is something that even the capitalists have learned to like, because it just makes sense (also ideally if you build more densely, people can actually walk to more places, and thus we’ll be healthier from the walking and happier from the increased company of our fellow humans vs the isolation of the suburbs). Even sprawling Texas cities can redesign their public transit to work better; the city of Houston recently changed its whole public transit layout from a hub and spoke model like Dallas has now to a grid model, which covers the city more efficiently for more people, and for that reason their ridership has increased.

People can also, as I say, use all of our time on public transit to read or talk or what have you, whereas you can use none of your time while driving to do anything other than drive (I guess you can listen to podcasts, but even then your attention must be divided). We can even talk in person to each other on public transit (you can kind of do that while driving, but only in a limited way and to one or two other people).

1 Like

I’m benefiting from a recent public transportation expansion today. I can walk from my office in Grapevine (carrying my backpack), get on the train to DFW, and be there 4 minutes later. No comparison with driving and parking at DFW!

4 Likes

Hmmm. Hard to know what’s gonna get hidden and why. One way to promote max exposure of a post.