Board Meeting run down 4-19-2015

Hey all you makers,

If you missed yesterday’s board meeting, you missed a lot! :slight_smile:

1. We transitioned to the new Board of Director, Congratulation to the new members and returning members. “May the luck always be in your favor.” Hopefully some gets that. :wink:
  2. We have a New Committee Hello Digital ARTS!!! sorry it took me so long to get what you were saying. :smile:
  3. The Board passed on the purchase of a 3D Scanner, but 3D FAB shouldn’t be upset as the board showed interest, but would like fab to possibly resubmit next month with a less expensive used option.
  4. The creative arts Committee got it’s funding and is moving forward towards their goals.
  5. Many general improvement funds where approved so you should see a lot of things getting fixed and updated over the next month.
  6. The OPS committee split into Logistics ( Allen as Head ) and Infrastructure ( Andrew as Head ). Make sure you take the time to look into these committees as they are the committees that keep the space running.
  7. The Finance committee had their topics approved in the meeting.
  8. The Committee heads where assigned based on the recommendations of the committees.
  9. Aerospace Committee gained a spot in room 1.
  10. Reloading is now an interest group.
  11. The next Board Meeting is scheduled for 5-17-15

Please take the time to look at the Official Meeting Minutes, as this is just a High Level look at what happened. Thanks to the Board for handling the meeting so well. I couldn’t stay till the end as it was a long meeting.

4 Likes

Hello VECTOR @Nick! The Digital Arts Committee has a LONG ways to go before producing meaningful content for the DMS, and to educate members. Wish us well, and Stay tuned!

@LisaSelk will continue as 3D Fab Committee Chair and I will be assistant committee chair.

3 Likes

Congratulations @themitch22 - That is exciting, and @LisaSelk congratulations as well! Keep it moving!

2 Likes

Can anyone explain what happened with Stools and tools request? Minutes seem contradictory

Stools and tools (Brandon)

• Allocate $3500 to Logistics Committee
  • Propose for approval as written

Is as written refering to request in agenda or the previous line?

We allocated $3500 to Logistics, stools will be bought from that. I think Allen was going to check with you on what stools were recommended.

1 Like

It was a very productive and well run meeting to be sure! :slight_smile:

3D Fab is very pleased with the interest shown by the Board of Directors for our future purchase of a quality 3D Scanner! From what I gathered, the primary reason the request was tabled (not passed), was due to budget concerns. I will take their advise and submit it again. :smile:

I am also very glad to have Mitch on board as Assistant Chairperson in 3D Fab! I am looking forward to working with him as we work together to continue improving resources (hardware & software) available to (and learning opportunities about) 3D Fabrication for Dallas Makerspace members and our community at large. :smile:

Thanks!
:smile:

3 Likes

I’d like to thank those responsible for the excellent documentation reflected in the minutes. This is so much nicer to feel apprised than most of the those in the archive (in fairness, I know minutes and meetings materials can come in waves, but it seems like all those in the archive I opened were nearly blank).
This time, it felt like real business was attended to in an orderly fashion, and an excellent level of details was shown in the minutes.

Thank you again.

3 Likes