24 Hours of LeMons - MSR Houston 2016

We are here representing DMS at the lemons endurance race in Houston, so far in test n tune day the engine seems to be running perfectly (complete rebuild since the spring)

11 Likes

That’s excellent, Brandon. Great job on the rebuild!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Good luck. You don’t win a towing sticker may await you.

5 Likes

Now racing under green, just changed brake pads and oil before race(just to see what it looked like after 175 miles break-in during test n tune, looked good, no metal bits)

6 Likes

Well, at least now we know what it takes to get the white Sprinter to move from its “assigned” parking spot at DMS :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Our questionable hand alignment got more questionable after some contact, rear toe arm is twisted but eyeball alignment is close enough to keep car on track

2 Likes

Cut it a bit too close on reusing brake pads with 1/3 of the material left on the rears, was able to buy some new pads from a 300zx team for tomorrow.

2 Likes

Man that has a lot of meat left compared to that pad we were looking at Thursday.

1 Like

Under green for final 7 hours of race

5 Likes

Stayed out on track all day, our best finish to date

9 Likes

12th overall out of 105 cars, 45 laps off the leader (had about 40 minutes in pits on saturday)

8 Likes

They’re gunning for our logo, eh?

1 Like

Amazingly during the trailer right back the oil filter decided to back off, so when I started it and drove it into shop it drained all the oil, (only ran maybe 30 seconds with no oil, engine should be fine). At least it lasted the whole endurance race… Clearly I failed to torque it properly, at the time I thought I spun it 3/4 of a turn past first contact and did oil the gasket before installation.

4 Likes

Will take a week or so to get some of the video compiled and uploaded. We also had a data logger running capturing gps, steering angle, brake pressure, throttle position which should generate some useful info for figuring out how each driver could improve.

Gif of the finish:

5 Likes

Let everyone know when and where your next race is.

More details and photos from the race organizers:

http://www.roadkill.com/24-hours-lemons-houston-winners/

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LMSR16/LMSR16.html

2 Likes

Very nice! Thank you for sharing the links!

When’s your next race?

We haven’t talked about it. Next race on the Lemons calendar that we would consider is weekend of May 6th back at the same track in Houston.

1 Like

Mike, one of our drivers, was able to compile all the data we got from using his AIM MyChron5 data logger

Here is a video with overlayed telemetry of my best lap, of course it’s hard to get a single clean lap with all the traffic, but it is useful to compare it to other laps to see where we could make up time

Can bring up and view the data for that specific lap, here the blue line is the faster lap

The blue lap was 1:59.5, the green was 2:00.195

What is interesting is the very bottom graph there, which shows seconds difference between the two laps based on where you are around the track. The green lap was actually faster until turn 8 (because in blue lap there was traffic in turn 1 that made me slow down and lose 0.75 seconds)

Where the blue lap gained 1 second of time by carrying a lot more speed through the right hand sweeper before diamonds edge, this position in the video shows where the time was gained, keeping ~88 mph through the turn

Here is a heat map of the speed along the track, the max speed was 101 mph on the back straight, and most other straights getting up to 90-95 going into the braking zones

7 Likes