24" Epson Printer class?

Goobermint workers unite! Environmental isn’t what’s taking out the dye sub again is it? (I’ll do classes as soon as it’s operating. Stan said holding them now would just irritate the masses)

@CaryF300 is something wrong with dye sub printer and I missed it?

I don’t think so. I used it an hour ago.
I did have authorization issues Sunday, and Lisa helped me with that.

1 Like

The Sawgrass SG800 dye sub printer worked fine on Monday during the class. I think someone is confusing the Epson wide format printer with the dye sub printer.

@MrsMoose, the Epson 24" wide format printer isn’t a dye sub printer.

What are the environmental issues? Is there any concern that if not addressed they will affect the new dye sub printer also?

I believe it is temperature and humidity levels that are adversely affecting the wide format printers. I don’t believe the dye sub printer has been affected. Both of mine have spent a significant period of time in more harsh conditions without being affected.

I know…just wasn’t sure since they’re in the same area and both printers. I freely admit I’m one of this tool people who don’t ask how the sausage is made when it comes to the funational differences between them.

I have owned a Canon wide format printer (44" IPF8300) and it was much friendlier than a colleagues comparable Epson. Also the new Canon’s use a single print head instead of 2 so when replacement is required it is a $600 cost versus $1000.

ALL pigment based printers like this will suffer when they are not used regularly. The Epson will suffer worse because of the amount of ink they waste when doing crazy cleaning cycles.

2 Likes