24" Epson Printer class?

Hi! Is there anyone doing a class on the Epson inkjet printer soon? Or does anyone know who is certified to teach it?

The Epson printers are currently operating in a less than ideal level of quality. The creative arts committee is looking into replacing them with something more viable.

2 Likes

Can you share any insight on the types of solutions that the Creative Arts Committee is considering? Thanks!

I am waiting for some input from a SME and some quotes on different printer packages.

Please let me know if you need any help in doing any type of research on printers. I’ll help you out!

If I can help out - let me know - I know Canon people !

2 Likes

@TLAR @jkraemer

A little help would be amazing. What we need is something reasonable in size, perhaps between the two we have. (Those will likely get sold to augment the budget for the new one.) Something that won’t be effected by the warmer temp /humid conditions in the annex - hoping to address that soon as well.

I think at the last .CA meeting @Kriskat30 said that she had been talking with @pandabob about a certain model? My notes are on the floor at home and I’m up at the buttcrack of dawn for work, so I could be remembering something wrong.

Anyway committee needs to decide on a printer model and possibly collect price quotes (at least 3 different quotes) asap so we have the resource again.

Thanks so much for your help y’all

Devin,
When will you be at the space next?
The folks I know at canon may offer you something the other folks can’t or won’t do.

Probably Thursday evening at the soonest.

I actually have a canon sales guy coming Thursday morning

3 Likes

Kris,

Who is your canon sales guy?

He’s an unknown off the internet. I’ll take any names as we will need three quotes to work from.

I’m shooting for Fri evening- does that work for you?

Friday is so I can help the Awesome Luke Strickland with a few things involving infrastructure & more.

It should. Unless I decide to convert back to Team Caffeine and Willpower before then, but I expect to possibly have a couple more 10x10s to hang.

I’ll do some research on different possible solutions that could work for the Space.

Do we have any updates on a replacement photo printer?

Why not fix the crappy conditions in the annex as well? It’s a problem we caused by building the wall, why not solve it there instead of Band-Aids on other stuff.

2 Likes

Would these environmental issues not also affect the replacement printers?

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking. Or we are going to spend a bunch more on a style that can withstand the environment

1 Like

I am waiting on some information and quotes. I agree that the environmental issues in the annex need fixed. So if you want to help me find a volunteer for that, that would be fantastic. Otherwise, lots of stuff is going to have to wait a couple more weeks because I’m about to go back to playing stupid games with uncle sam.