2020 State Fair canceled due to COVID-19

Bummer.
And that’s gonna hurt for many of the food vendors.
But, another year to make creative arts entries.

4 Likes

Fletcher’s is planning on having pop up events around Dallas, so we will still get our corn dogs

6 Likes

good.
:blankspace:

1 Like

I wonder what’s happened with the “restaurant that can’t use Fletcher’s in their name, but serves corny dogs and the owners were spawned in the Fletcher family”?

1 Like

Corn dog with no name appears to be closed because of COVID

Why am I singing “I’ve been to the desert with a corn-dog no name because it used to be out in the rain.” (or whatever the actual words were on that song.)

3 Likes

Apparently, they have a test kitchen in a different location, and are doing take-out from there.

Not often you see the words “Artisanal”, “Corn-Battered” and “Franks” used together…

4 Likes

Yep, been there… tried that… its fantastic!.. if you need a “state fair like” corn dog fix, this is the place. (but there is no connection to the ones you get AT the state fair.Just to be clear.)

1 Like

A friend swears by these after recently buying them at her local butcher (Houston area). Gonna get me some and might just batter and fry one.

https://www.snakeriverfarms.com/american-kobe-beef/burgers-and-dogs.html

The nuances would probably fly over my head. Or taste buds. I’m just not that much of a connoisseur. Although I still lament the disappearance of Mr. Turkey hotdogs. Those were THE BEST turkey hotdogs EVER. I liked them better than actual hot dogs. Juicy…

“In the desert, they wouldnt use that one name
Cuz they ain’t gonna deal with a copyright claim” la la la

3 Likes

(not sure why it is not presenting a preview screen shot, but it’s safe)

https://9gag.com/gag/a6NRewA

3 Likes

Got an email today that the Creative Arts competition is still gonna happen, even without the state fair surrounding it. Moved the entry deadline to Sept. 1.

Cooking-related contests are cancelled, however.

6 Likes