2019 Wishlist for Santa? šŸŽ…

These little things are great for folks that have phones/whatever that already use USB-C.

1 Like

You mean a pre-diamond?

1 Like

I would love to get an easy-to-use power washer. Trying to wash the oddball things I want to clean in a car wash-and keep up with the quarter-feeding-isnā€™t my idea of funā€¦

Otherwise, I like experiential things, like a trip to see a movie, a day poking around in antique/junk stores, visiting a funky museum. My fav go-to request is pre-paid days at the Best Little Retreat Center in Texas.

Or things that will make me laugh.

When it comes to gifting things, my fav is giving people things that I think theyā€™ll find useful, will make them laugh, or is tied to something that has brought them joy in the past. For example, today I renewed a friends membership in an organization that has been a source of inspiration and growth creatively for her over the past few years.

2 Likes

Ion Gun

30mA and up to 130kV

2 Likes

I have a short wishlist because I take FOREVER to research, decide, then pull the trigger on big purchases. My latest purchase was an Epax X1. I had it in my cart and was waffling when my wife took my phone, hit purchase, and said Merry Christmas. So I guess Iā€™m easy to shop for then.

Really though, these days, either tools or supplies. Iā€™m mostly mixed media so anything from fabric, to metals, to wire, buttons, beads, eva foam, resin now, filament, sanding blocks. My shop is my mini maker space these days since I donā€™t make it out to DMS as much.

Actually if Iā€™m wishing for anything it would be for more SPACE!

2 Likes

These are a good ā€œEasy-To-Useā€ power washer. They are not the most powerful, but for an electric they are nice and will do all the cleaning you wanted. Plus, you just plug and go, no gas motor to maintain. I borrowed one from a DMS member last year to clean the bricks on the side of my parentā€™s house and it did such a good job. In fact they made me power wash the pool deck as well after seeing the results. Just good and easy.

4 Likes

Always safer to go with a new toaster.

1 Like

Glass 1/10th full!

More Gift Ideas,

This is an awesome laser measuring tool, but what makes it really good is the Bosch MeasureOn App. This allows you to quickly build room layouts that you can export from your phone to other programs. Also, you can take a picture and mark it up with measurements directly from the tool. Iā€™m getting this for my sister this year after playing with it. She work in advertising and often has to measure and sketch sets. I think she will love this!

These are a great way to keep track of your sharpies. They make them look like nice pens, so when you loan your sharpie, you can tell people to give it back.

1 Like

Believe it or not, one year as a promotional item (mostly as a gag, I think), Armalite offered a free toaster if you bought an M-15. OMG how I wanted that cheap, crappy toaster! (And Santa made it happen.)

IMG_8536

5 Likes

Buy local & buy from a DMS member:

https://bowerstool.com/search.php?search_query=knipex&section=product

4 Likes

You can also submit stuff you make to be listed on their site

1 Like

This was published in 2013, but the timelessness of the tools in this book should make for some great ideas.

1 Like
1 Like

I want this GRS Double Soldering Station with 2 Third Hands!

https://www.ottofrei.com/GRS-004-570-Double-Soldering-Station-With-2-Third-Hands?location=1&quantity=1

JSM has one. Unlike most ā€œthird handsā€, itā€™s not flimsy - it holds the item and stays where you set it to be.

1 Like

@artg_dms ā€¦ Soldering something in ELab yesterday I noted that the "third handā€™ tool needs a fourth hand to hold it in place and keep it from wiggling. I respectfully suggest that you consider buying this soldering station for ELab. JSM has one - you can see what it looks like and if you like it.

1 Like