2019 Plano Ham Com

https://sites.google.com/hamcom.org/ham-com

3 Likes

Today is the big day! I was there yesterday for a couple of classes and will be back today with my 12 year old grandson who will be taking the Technician test soon.

Don’t miss the mini Times Square sign that I built for my Arduino classes. Richardson Wireless Klub is using it to attract attention.

@richmeyer will be selling out of the back of his truck at the parking lot flea market.

I ran into @gbeauw. Beau is very active in the Richardson Wireless Klub and is pushing several of us to learn Morse Code. Yeah… Its not required on the test but it is alive and well.

@yehuda613 has conducted a couple of DMS classes on the Technician license recently.

License testing will be running all day for startup or upgrade. Many local ham clubs do this testing once a month and some at DMS are trying to start our own program.

Amateur radio is having a real resurgence. Some years back Richardson Wireless Klub had a dozen members and considered disbanding. Today it has 220+ members.

In a few days I will post a Talk message encouraging @Team_PR to consider having a couple of tables there next year. Many hams are very active Makers and this could be a good recruiting activity.

1 Like

I’ve always liked wireless pork.

Sorry, Rich Meyer @richmeyer will not be selling
in the Outdoor Parking Lot Swapmeet today. He was pulled out of town, he is Wisconsin.

1 Like

I looked for you this morning among the sweaty vendors in the lot. Have a great cool trip.