2005 Red Ford Mustang GT Supercharged

Well, while cleaning out the garage I found that I have a spare car. Must be left over from my midlife crisis from a few years back. I’m sure there are other DMS members that may need a car that is completely impractical. Impractical for anything other that 155+ MPH on the SRT/Tollway or doing burnouts behind DMS.

In all kidding it is a super clean car and extremely fast. Has a recent set of Nitto Drag Slicks but with 508 rwhp they won’t last you too long.

5 Likes

I’m sure it’s awesome tearing along the 635 TEXpress lanes around 1 in the morning at felonious speeds.

Saw it this morning and “clean” may not be doing it justice.

1 Like

Another reason to sell it, the roads around here are not drivable in a car 4 inches off the ground.

1 Like

635 Express lanes are fantastic for travelling 4 inches off the ground.

2 Likes

And they have fire extinguishers on all the pillars

2 Likes

This motivates me to get my VW Thing on the road…other than no ac…

1 Like

Yes they are!

I won’t admit to how fast I drove on those lanes with the top down one evening… That would be putting it in writing. :smiley:

1 Like

I was “clocked at 143mph and then 127mph - when you hit the brakes after you saw me” (he said when he found me waiting for him)… I pulled over and waited for Mr law enforcement …no ticket no warning thanks to wearing desert fatigues on my last free weekend before a deployment. Thanks to a nice cop in Alvaredo

The cop asked the typical “do you know how fast you were going?”
“no, the speedometer pegs at 140mph” I said .
He also asked why the hurry.
It was around 0430 - I didn’t lie - I told him I overslept and had a duty formation at 0730 at Fort Hood. He was kind enough to warn me about Hillsboro’s finest’s lack of tolerance for speeds more than 10mph over the posted limit.

4 Likes

Oh my, my hubby had a Thing when I started going with him
I will have to tell him

1 Like

I’ve had my 1974 Thing since 1989…still has an 8 track player in it…gotta love older cars and trucks…

I have a few million Iraqi Dinars - how about it? my 5 million for your car? I’ll have my shipper contact you for pick up…

1 Like

Funny, that still is about $4,300 buuuuut no thanks.

The guy I bought it from has an car export business and sends primo cars of to Dubai. He says he has had sacks of foreign currency show up to his office as a thank you. Makes you wonder if there was some white powder shipped with the cars,

1 Like

Ken,

On my first vacation to Iraq in 2004 there were so many idiots buying millions of Dinars based on the old rumor that it would be valued at 1:1 with the US dollar.
I have some of the old Iraqi money as a souvenir along with a few other items but not bricks on ‘new Dinars’