2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee coolant leak

Will do - I’m trying for an early evening time, most likely on a weeknight.

1 Like

ROFL

What the heck happened to this plastic?

Giant hole where plastic should be, right in front/behind? the blend door. It blows very cold A/C though :slight_smile:

Do I add a pipe to it for an extra air vent or just plastic weld the heck out of it lol

There’s definately damage to the heater core, I can tell from this.

Edit: The end goal is when I replace the heater core just buy a whole new-used dash to fix the real issue

1 Like

Anyone have tips on rethreading rusted bolt holes? It’s in a pretty inaccessible place. Should I pre-soak?

specifically trying to fix a m12x1.75 thread

It’s a nut welded onto the vehicle. I could easily up the size

Very inaccessible, maybe a 2x3 inch gap or less to get to it, and it’s 4in inside the vehicle

Bolt #2, goes inside the subframe

When my bumper falls off I’m coming for you to weld me a new one lol

But yeah I got #2 mostly threaded in so I’ll just snug it up with an impact and call it done

Unless you are going to put alot of tongue weight on it, I wouldn’t worry too much.

So… what’s actually the problem? Stripped? Broken bolt? Just can’t get the bolt to thread in (because of xthreaded history or too much rust, for example)?

Based on the original post:
some wd-40 or similar
12x1.75 tap
lube liberally
run tap in
(EDIT: run tap back out, which seems a little DUH, but just in case… :slight_smile: )
Then apply never-seize liberally to the bolt before you put it in and call it done…except to check up on it occasionally for proper torque…

It was more of a general question. The previous two stud bolts I’ve had rust have ended me so I was curious if there was some magical solution lol Thanks jast /zmetzing

In the specific case of the mount, I did get it installed with all required bolts. Won’t tell anyone how though :slight_smile:

Can you run a tap in without running it out?

yes, but then it’s more of a…guide pin, I guess?
:laughing:

Actually, there was a recall of the WJ related to fuel tank puncture and fire. The prescribed “fix” is to install a skid plate and hitch receiver. So you will want the #2 bolts to be very secure.