[No Longer Available] 2 Mirrors : 27x38 & 24x38

Does anyone have use for vintage 1979 bathroom mirrors?
I’d love to drop them off for the Exchange shelf, but I hate to do that if they’re of no value to anyone…

As you can see from the photo, the “silver” is peeling, as tends to happen in bathroom mirrors, but it sure seems like they could go on to lead another life…
Let me know if:

• you want them and want to meet up to exchange
  • you think they’re viable candidates for the MemX Shelf.

Thank you for looking!

Can you cut mirrors like you cut other glass or does the backing prevent that? I need a full length mirror (or close enough) and was going to buy a cheap one and make a frame for it. This might work instead if I can get it in my car. Also does a controlled cut induce the 7 years bad luck of breaking a mirror? :upside_down_face:

Ive cut mirror in the distant past. I didn’t have any trouble with it either.

I cut mine for my car, I put tail lights in the back dash horizontally & then used mirrors to project it out the rear glass. My intention was to blank out the originals.

Also does a controlled cut induce the 7 years bad luck of breaking a mirror

no that’s for “magic mirrors” ie those that were made in the iron age from pure silver and 100% metal. Used in illusionary rites by priest kings.

Can you cut mirrors like you cut other glass or does the backing prevent that?

include some painters tape on the back and one should be good. It’s mainly a sheet of gallium or aluminum. so one is really just needing to prevent the backing from tearing doing the cut.

1 Like

Are the mirrors still available? I want to make the mirror of erised from Harry potter

I am sorry for not updating; they are were taken this weekend. Thank you for asking!