2 Issues with Fusion Laser

First issue was one that I caused. I sent a file that had some cutting in it while the engraving bed was in place. My sincerest apologies, but there is a faint marking in the corner of the metal bed. I was able to clean most of it off with a damp paper towel, I was afraid to try any chemicals on it. If anyone knows of a good method to clean the remnants off, I will gladly do it. The bed is still perfectly fine, just a cosmetic marking.

Second issue is that the camera seems to be off from where it actually does the cutting. Hard to explain, but I had everything centered where I needed it, and then it decided to cut half an inch over from where it was shown on the camera display. Has anyone else encountered that before or know how to fix it?

If it is just the residue from cutting thru the material, I find that plain 'ol alcohol does it on mine. That or Pledge. If it’s been sitting a while it tends to stick a lot more, and I’ll usually use acetone in that case. My advice - don’t wait that long. go the alcohol route soon.

wow. my class used it earlier today too. but we weren’t trying to do anything too precise. I’ll be interested to see where this goes. cheers!

Manually focus the bed before you place your job, otherwise, the fish eye camera wacks it out unless you put the bed at the job height first.

3 Likes

This exactly… I ran into the same issue until someone reminded me to manually focus while I was up there struggling with the exact same issue myself.

That was the issue. I focused it, but then changed the bed and I don’t think I fixed it after that. Thanks!

1 Like