This is where we are going to talk about the dms member picnic for next year. I think it went well for the quick turnaround of it all. I know some areas could have been better but all in all it went well.
Costs were covered with ticket sales and with contributions. Every committee got money added to the coffers with the generous silent auction.
Officially the polls could be open for a stupid amount of time. Let's abstractly say this will be open for two weeks and we will take all data and squish it. So you have two weeks to ponder your votes.
Ok - let's start collectively sketching this idea out so we can kinda sorta see where we're headed
Pick a month that you feel would be best for the picnic. This year we were stuck in a bit of a time pinch and we grabbed one of the last logical spots possible. The city double booked the spot on accident - we would have the entire pavilion. I wasn't even about to kick a party out when it was obvious that we could all fit and be happy together.
- Explore months
Did you feel the park was a good spot for us? The cost of rental was I believe $50 per hour. I purchased soap, drapes for the women restroom, toilet paper and small stuff to outfit it for the number of people coming. It was a very inexpensive option but it is dependent on weather.
- Yes, let's have it at that park again
- No, let's look at other options
- I didn't attend last years event
What day/time is best for a picnic in your opinion?
- Friday after work 6-8ish
- Saturday Afternoon 11-3
- Saturday Evening 5-7ish
- Sunday Afternoon 11-3ish
- Sunday Evening 5-7ish
What did you think of the way we did the catering and food? We had people buy tickets at $5 (or was it $6) a person and we had a regal hookup from a members friend at Dickeys we bought pork and brisket, rolls, baked potatoes and relish trays from them and asked that members bring a side to share. It was obvious that we had a ton of very generous members who brought an abundance of food to share.
- I enjoyed catering the meats and bringing a side
- I would prefer paying nothing and having everyone bring something to share
- No opinion
We need help working on next years picnic - what would you be willing to do?
- Work on talking with companies to get donations for the silent auction
- Work on talking with members to get donations for the silent auction
- Helping man/run the silent auction
- Making/hanging posters
- Helping man the name-tags and getting them out to members (I know how to organize this better)
- Organizing food/the pavilion
- Organizing activities for members
- I just wanna have fun - don't ring me into your rodeo woman