Need a google master - thing to hold epson paper

We will debate/discuss/fight-club this out at the CA meeting but I would like to start with epson matt paper in the 64" printer to work out any potential ink issues before we invest in $500+ photo paper. Eventually if all is good we will have normal paper and photo paper…and long down the road we might discuss canvas as well but I don’t see that as a large need.

The 64" printer can use any size media btw so it’s possible to use the 24" paper in the machine or even 8X10

I’m looking for hooks to attach to the bottom side of the cabinet to support a pole that will hold the alternate paper when we have it. So it’s not on end and crushed. Like this but with a flat piece to screw into the underside of the cabinet. I haven’t been successful in my attempts and I’m wondering if anyone might have more industrial searching abilities.

I’m also thinking something more akin to a closet rod holder would be smarter because we can go deeper into the sides of the wall. But the flange seems to short for the weight of the paper.

We are Makerspace. Lol. We could make almost anything you’d like.

3 Likes

https://store.schoolspecialty.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?minisite=10206&item=3379773&gclid=CIXdgOChu9ICFVY0aQodBQcNpw

Fabric stores use something like this to hold the heavy rolls of home decor fabric.

I would think it wouldn’t be too hard to cut a couple of those on the MultiCam and then attach them to the sides of the cubbies that surround the printer. We could even cut four and make them two-thick if necessary.

2 Likes

Also, instead of wooden dowels, if the new printer uses a roll holder, it would be nice to get a second one for the other roll. So you are not having to pull the roll holder off and on each time you change paper as this get more difficult the size of the roll. The fewer steps the less likely you are to drop the roll and possibly dent / crush the paper. I’m sure the roll holder won’t be cheap, but edge crushing $500 of paper doesn’t sound like a cheap mistake either.

2 Likes

That’s a lot like what the vinyl is hanging on, right?

Is there anything so wrong with going slowly here? If someone (like myself) is gangbusters on wide rolls, I can bring it in myself to print - maybe a second suggested donation for bring your own canvas/paper? Pricing is key, though. Perhaps by the square inch? Foot?

There’s a pack of donated paper - maybe use that for the photos you want to hang. Good way to test it out.

Yes, I’m anxious for the tools to be online, but I’m also cheap enough to dislike expensive mistakes.

Anyway, please consider the bring-your-own-paper idea.

Good point nick I’ll look into it.

The larger printer can print any size. You’re welcome to bring your own paper. @pandabob will be up to get the smaller one inline really soon.