16' catamaran up for grabs

Prindle 16’ + trailer, sails and trapeze. Cordage needs to be replaced and one hatch cover missing.

Fetch from Grapevine

2 Likes

Space Boat :slight_smile:

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

1 Like

I’m interested, anything other than: “Come pick it up” ?

I grew up on the Gulf Coast and owned a Hobie cat. Theorem: A boat is a hole in the ocean/lake/gulf with which you pour your money. Alternative, corollary: It is better to have a friend with a boat than to own one yourself.

Seriously, cats are a lot of fun, especially when equipped with a trapeze and a spinnaker.

5 Likes

Used to have one myself on the east coast! Was loads of fun, unfortunately I have been convinced by more reasonable mind that I in fact do not have the space for it

1 Like

Interested! Same question - anything other than ‘come pick it up’? How about registration/trailer tags?

It is an adage amongst boat owners that the two happiest days of their life are the day they buy a boat and the day they sell it.

1 Like

For those that have never owned a boat, you really need to have the title to it in the state of Texas unless it is under 14 feet. When you have the title transferred they will charge you tax on the sale plus fees. If you tell them you got it a year ago they charge you interest on the tax on the sale.

Then the registration on the trailer is completely separate and comes from the dept. of motor vehicles, not Tx parks and wildlife. The trailer reg is actually easier than the boat reg.

I’ve had boats that size of not much value and never done a title. You may get it for free but that doesn’t matter. I’m sure they will have a nice value for it and charge you accordingly.

Might get away with it if it’s a sailboat or rowboat and never has a motor. If a TPWD officer decides to check how long the boat measures it’s illegal over 14 feet. Adding a motor requires a title for both the boat and the motor. Legally, that includes a trolling motor. Other way around this is to never use the boat anywhere but in a private lake.

1 Like

Thanks, did not know that.

Because I like assertions to be cited:
http://tpwd.texas.gov/faq/fishboat/boat/registration_and_titles/

However, as is clearly true on trailers, registration required does not actually imply title required. For example, many boat trailers are in a class that only gets titled if a lien was filed against them, but they absolutely must have registrations.

I know my roughly 18 foot Nacra 5.5 has a title, but it also had a lien against it when purchased new.

I will also weigh in that titled or not, boat registration is nearly always more of a headache than car registration. At minimum you likely need a bill of sale, and likely the sellers signature on the transfer of registration paperwork.

To add injury to the insult, the two TPWD offices that can do it are in west Fort Worth, or Garland.

Aside from pick it up not much really. You can reach me on 817 718 11827 if you have any questions. Last time I had it out was three years ago. Tires are a bit perished but they seem to hold pressure fine.

I let the registration lapse but I have all the paperwork. You can reach me on 817 718 8127