[10x10 SHOW] T-minus 5 days...or "the excitement builds!"

Tagging @Team_10x10 (our early entrants) and posting publicly for anyone submitting at last minute.

Submissions are due Sept 22nd. We start hanging them this weekend. Holy cow! Time flew. Over a third of our entrants have already responded with their spreadsheet data, which helps with typing labels later.

• Put your name, phone number, Talk username - plus (optional) title and description - on the back with blue painters tape. Write clearly…or we’ll make stuff up. now that would be fun!
  • Save us steps by sending me (Private Message only) the title and description of your submission (copy-pasta into a spreadsheet for easier labelmaking,we’re all about less work) and whether or not it is fragile or overly heavy. We can reserve space in the lobby display cases for you.
  • Turn in your item to the Mighty Cart of Inspiration in Creative Arts.

Let’s Hang a Show

• I plan to put a $20 bill on the kitchen table for my kid and leave him a note that says he’s on his own because I’m living at the Space this weekend.
  • @Diplomat has a new fangled hanger that means @Kriskat30 won’t need to climb the Very Large Ladder.
  • We need schleppers and people to drill and install wires onto the back of the items.
  • @Team_Printmaking, time to take your steamroll prints down. @Print_Witch and @Hardsuit will be there on Thursday to remove any remaining prints and can’t promise the prints will be undamaged.
  • PR is contacting people who need to remove items from the lobby case. Some are not labeled. If you have an item in the case, Stan has the key.

Bonus:

• @thespacemaker, would Digital Media step up to photograph the items on Saturday before each is hung? Isn’t there a photography lightbox that would make them look “wow”?
  • @Lampy and @Nick are working on a voting system for the $50 prize. More coming on that.
6 Likes

Calling @NickWebb! Sounds like Number One Son is Number Two this weekend. Come on over if you get hungry. We can grill burgers and work on Arduino classes.

I can come help on Saturday (9/22) before 4pm and Sunday (9/23) afternoon before 7pm.

3 Likes

Jeff Hess1 10X10 entryCalled: Sky meets waterMedia: WoodProcess: Fractal Lictenberg Figure

heyheymama Laser Chairperson
September 17 |

Tagging @Team_10x10 (our early entrants) and posting publicly for anyone submitting at last minute.Submissions are due Sept 22nd. We start hanging them this weekend. Holy cow! Time flew. Over a third of our entrants have already responded with their spreadsheet data, which helps with typing labels later.

• Put your name, phone number, Talk username - plus (optional) title and description - on the back with blue painters tape. Write clearly…or we’ll make stuff up. now that would be fun!
  • Save us steps by sending me (Private Message only) the title and description of your submission (copy-pasta into a spreadsheet for easier labelmaking,we’re all about less work) and whether or not it is fragile or overly heavy. We can reserve space in the lobby display cases for you.
  • Turn in your item to the Mighty Cart of Inspiration in Creative Arts.
    Let’s Hang a Show
  • I plan to put a $20 bill on the kitchen table for my kid and leave him a note that says he’s on his own because I’m living at the Space this weekend.
  • @Diplomat has a new fangled hanger that means @Kriskat30 won’t need to climb the Very Large Ladder.
  • We need schleppers and people to drill and install wires onto the back of the items.
  • @Team_Printmaking, time to take your steamroll prints down. @Print_Witch and @Hardsuit will be there on Thursday to remove any remaining prints and can’t promise the prints will be undamaged.
  • PR is contacting people who need to remove items from the lobby case. Some are not labeled. If you have an item in the case, Stan has the key.
    Bonus:
  • @thespacemaker, would Digital Media step up to photograph the items on Saturday before each is hung? Isn’t there a photography lightbox that would make them look “wow”?
  • @Lampy and @Nick are working on a voting system for the $50 prize. More coming on that.
    Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.
2 Likes

I will not be able to submit a 10x10. Is there a place I should return the plywood to?

Thank you for letting us know. Cubbie in common room.

1 Like

Done! And with little time to spare. Takes me back to the good ol days :wink:

2 Likes

It was really cool seeing multiple people working on their 10x10 projects at the Space today. Mine will be ready by tomorrow, but I understand that if people turn their projects in 1-2-3 days after the Sept. 22nd Date (really anytime before the Open House is okay from what I understand), then the more the merrier.

On the fence about doing one? Just Do It!

Really looking forward to seeing people’s creativity at the 10x10!

2 Likes

So am I the only one at the Space tonight vowing to work all night till done? I just have to find an empty classroom since I cleverly brought my own sewing machine. I have a good excuse… Wayne has a 12mm kidney stone that put him in the hospital for five days while we were in Bossier.

2 Likes

I will be there!!!
I’ll be damned if I don’t get an item in.
(why did I change my project to something completely different last week? in a material I’ve never used? please somebody tell me it will all be ok…)

3 Likes

“It will all be ok”

It’s ok… I completely changed how I was going to do mine and had to completely resize the pattern right before midnight. -sigh-

2 Likes

Finally left at 9:27am. All the parts are done, I just need to staple together. Had to run some lights to a client. Will come by tomorrow. And I lied. It is a little fragile in that it can’t go on a stack of them.

1 Like

Wow some amazing things are being turned in! Thanks @heyheymama!

2 Likes