10X10 Show is ON! Open to all of Us. Submissions due: Sept 22, 2018

Nope. Same rule as 2 years running, according to the old paperwork Nicole sent me. I’m not reinventing the wheel here.

I’ll tell you and @Scott_Blevins and all our makers what I told someone else: the prime directive of volunteerism is “don’t make unnecessary work for others.” I have willingly and happily taken on this gig, but up to a point. Please don’t make unnecessary work - and policing content definitely falls within that - for me, Team 10x10, or the Board. Thank you all in advance for your consideration.

4 Likes

good thing you’ve told me! Some of my work has gotten me kicked out of a local Old Man’s Do Nothing Group for being too interesting.

5 Likes

@nicksilva and @Scott_Blevins From the poster above:

ADVANCE SIGN UP (optional)
Contact Stephenie Webb (tag @heyheymama) on Talk (the DMS discussion forum) or in person.

Courtesy (free) 10x10 half-inch plywood bases available to those who do sign up in advance.

Thank you, Nick and Scott and the other 40 makers (as of this writing, see growing list in first post), for committing up front to participating. You are making life soooo much easier on our volunteers. (As stewards, we hold DMS assets in trust for the community…and those assets are not just physical or financial, they include, I dare say, our most valuable…volunteer time.)

As an inducement, there is no charge for the wood to early entrants. The first run of boards is almost gone. @bertberaht and @mreynolds are cutting more. The remaining handful are stashed in a Top Secret location. I will PM you, @nicksilva, where to find them.

2 Likes

Mark @mreynolds might be the first to submit an entry.

3 Likes

Dunno about first to submit, but I might be first to start lol. This is gonna take a while

1 Like

Mine is going to take a while also, should have worked on it tonight

1 Like

This sounds like it needs creativity -_- I’ll try and figure out how that works but go ahead and add me to the list.

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be artistic, per se.
One of my favorites last year was a display on the history of vacuum tubes. I wish there was a picture of it.
Another interesting one hangs in 3D fab: the effects of repeatedly scanning and printing a dino skeleton.

5 Likes

I would very much like this class. Please let us know when you schedule it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Go ahead and add me to the list as well, thank you.

1 Like

I’m in for another round of 10x10. Now I’ve got to figure out what I want to do for it.

1 Like

I’ve started my first one. Where do we hide the boards for those on the magic list? I’m leaving town for an Alaskan cruise so won’t be back for 12 days. (FORO-Fear of Running Out)

Will private message you the Top Secret location.
Not certain how many are left from first run.
Mark is cutting 48 more this week.
If you don’t get one, let me know and I will set one aside for you. No worries.

2 Likes

Does @mreynolds like beer? It sounds like he should accept tips for all his hard work :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Mark and @bertberaht, who is the hunter and gather of the huge plywood sheets, and @talkers, who is making the wonderful wall labels that take the Show to “11”.
At the very least, are you guys showing up to Cidercade on August 25?
I think there are some people who would like to show their appreciation with frosty beverages of your choice.

3 Likes

There is one of the first run of 10x10 boards left.

2 Likes

I won t need one since I found the one I didn t use from last year

1 Like

I’ve got everything we need for a 10x10 glass fusing project class. I did not get it on the schedule fast enough and missed the time slot that fit my schedule. I’ll post on talk when I get this schedual I’m planning 2 small classes

4 Likes

I think I’d like to participate this year. I’ve got a class tonight so I’ll poke around and see if I can get a 10x10 (if it’s still there).

2 Likes

we need more room to hang them or can we hang them at multiple levels