100 FREE 3D Printers For Dallas-Fort Worth Schools

This is a project I am involved in and thought I had already posted here at DMS, but I can’t see anything.

so… this is a project being run and funded by Unique Software Development, the Mark Cuban Foundation, Woodrow Wilson Robocats and The Workshop by TBK Bank.

Basically there are 100 Creaility 3D printers available for schools in North Texas. Successful grant applicants will get a 3D printer and a half day training on everything 3D printing to get them up and running ASAP.

The deadline for applications is THIS FRIDAY.

Please spread the word to your local schools.

Full details can be found here…

6 Likes

@uglyknees … any interest?

@MrsMoose – are you where this would be helpful for you?
@Julie-Harris – for the kids’ schools?

2 Likes

Thank you - I’ll pass this along :slight_smile:

Thanks guys - wrote a grant in the nick of time. Not my best work by far but at least its a try. I’ll let you know if it’s successful!

8 Likes

Welp, we won the grant! We will soon bring home the beast and poke it with many sticks.

A co-teacher at our sister school also won after I sent this to her so this information helped out 3 teachers and probably effected a good 1000 kids in the roll around. Rad. Straight Rad.

Thank you all kindly and especially @apparently_weird for pointing at it and waving at me and saying…look! look right here!

16 Likes

Excellent !!!

This is exactly what we hoped for from the donations :slight_smile:

Make sure to let us know the great things you guys do with your kids, and don’t be afraid of reaching out for help etc…

3 Likes

Thank you for telling everyone about it! Without your post it would have escaped me entirely.

1 Like

There are still some printers available so we have re-opened the program.

The new deadline is Feb 15th

Please spread the word to teachers in the region

4 Likes