1.25" Bandsaw Blades Anyone?

I’ve got a few (2 or 3) used bandsaw mill blades that I either had to cut or got kinked. They are 1.25" wide, 0.045" thick, and each blade is 176" long. I did a knife course a few months ago and used these alternated with a different material (I don’t remember what, sorry) to make damascus.

Here’s the manufacturer’s (Wood-mizer) description - this is as much as I know about the alloy:

DoubleHard 's original blade material is manufactured from “high-alloy” steel and is designed for portable and industrial sawmills. With induction hardened teeth, DoubleHard blades deliver twice the toughness and twice the sharp life compared to standard carbon blades.

They are available for free for pick-up in East Plano if anyone is interested.

3 Likes

I don’t need them but if desired by anyone at 'Space I can swing by and pick them up and deliver there next time I am in. Other’s may have quicker need for them or can get with more convenience.

@coloneldan
@hforsberg

1 Like

Lloyd, I definitely want them. @mblatz if you’re willing to deliver them I’d appreciate it very much. I’m thinking of teaching a class sometime on using them to make knives. You can either leave them in the blacksmithing area or let me know when you’re around and I’ll try to come collect them from you.

Thanks again Marshall for your willingness to help.

1 Like

Happy to help…definitely sometime this week or next. Will let you know…

I found another one in the pile.

Did you get the blades? Did I miss it? Can you collect the new one? I appreciate it. If not maybe we can make other arrangements.

@mblatz picked up the other ones.

Marshall, did you drop off the band saw blades and I just missed it? I’m getting old so I can’t remember I guess.

Synchronicity in action! I just dropped them off in the BSing area an hour ago and was headed to computer to login and notify you :–)

Awesome thank you!

1 Like