YInMnO Gala 12/12/18

Well guys, the party is upon us. What party? A party celebrating color! What? A NEW pigment - which will be created by the science committee.
Interested? Of course you are - you’re an interesting person!

What are WE going to do at the party? Well, Darryl is going to explain the creation of this pigment and WE are going to brainstorm how we can apply this pigment here at the space. Bring your ideas, bring some blue foods, dress yourself in blue and let’s just get a bit strange together. A pigment can be applied a MILLION different ways.

I found this article https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2018-quest-for-billion-dollar-red/
@Team_Science
@Team_Creative_Arts

8 Likes

I am concerned about nothing for purple. Purple is being marginalized because it is not considered a primary color! The perfect pure purple could be a new neutral and go with everything!!
(ponders how to start a movement)

4 Likes

Look at what @Josh_Melnick just sent out!
Praise out to Darryl for making this tonight!!! Isn’t it beautiful!!! Go @Team_Science

10 Likes

Yeees!! I see a bluetiful new ink in our future!

2 Likes

Congrats to the team!

@Webdevel I see what you did there.

2 Likes

We are inving artists to come to our party tomorrow to learn about the pigment and to discuss possible art projects they want to do. We will have a potluck, so far bringing:
Pizza
Blue Raspberry Lollipops
Blue Airheads
Blue Kool-Aid
Blue Jello Shots
Blueberry Granola Bars
Blue Tortilla Chips and Qeso

2 Likes

I know Ceramic’s turned down being involved next this .,ugh…, I would sure like a pinch to try in clay! We need to talk would love to know how it was made.

Anita Willis

2 Likes

hm i’ll see about trucking over there. thread bump.

This just looks so cool! What is this called? Yin-min Blue? Oregon Blue?

(Yes everyone - I know the names of the elements on the periodic table … it’s too hard to call it Yttrium Indium Manganese Oxide)

Jorge - I see you’ve kept up with your Crayola lore!

3 Likes

I have a guy that can make pen ink, like for fountain pens from this pigment. I’ll contact him today and ask what he needs.

I hope there’s enough of this to go around! So exciting!

I wonder how it would look mixed with glass powder for enameling?

3 Likes

Great idea @Lampy, yes, I would like to try it with glass and clay!

I hope I can talk someone into samples! I do have a way to fire it in clay off site. Would love to give it a shot on the wheel!

@Webdevel could this be used as a dye for leather,Hum?

Please post the cost of making the bluetiful Yin-min!

Thank You,
Anita Willis

3 Likes

Jeez, that didn’t even occur to me. Yes of course I can try out dyeing leather with it!

3 Likes

I’m wanting to try it in resin!

2 Likes

what a great idea!

Are we certain it is non-toxic for normal wear?

Apparently yes …

AMD has announced that it is going to use it for CPU/GPUs

1 Like

Congratulations to the Science team! … I can’t wait to see it IRL

1 Like

I thought of adding it to white greasepaint and painting my face but the part about -doesn’t fade- scares me! I’d be blue forever…:frowning:

You’d be blue daba di daba die…

1 Like

4 Likes