YBCO Superconductor - Process Control Gear (PID, Brewing, Furnace)

We purchased a tabletop furnace for our YBCO superconductor project and I was looking up a more detailed manual for the PID temperature controller. We have to do very long temperature ramps and soaks for the process of infusing Oxygen into the compound inside a crucible.

08 PM

In my search I found the reseller for the PID in the furnace. They have a lot of other process control gear that I thought our super smart DMS members might find interesting. Brewing Systems, Coffee Controllers, SSRs, Sous Vide, Smoker Controllers, etc. etc.

3 Likes

Got SSR’s. What V and A?

100Amp 480VAC is their biggest single phase SSR. Biggest three phase is 80Amp per phase 480VAC.

1 Like

wonderful, thank you for your hard work Ken, you are awesome.

Firing up the teeny tiny furnace. Actually it is appropriately sized for our use. Plus we may need to add ports for O2 and additional temp sensors.

Created a Wiki page with descriptions and the process we want to use.

1 Like

I found this …

1 Like

We considered this method but Yitrium Nitrate is expensive and hard to get. Like $30/200grams or so. It is cool though, fire good !

1 Like

Apparently, he isn’t using Yitrium Nitrate. He is dissolving Yitrium Oxide in a water/nitric acid solution.

1 Like

Ah, i confused this with another pyro method of creating an intimate mixture.

1 Like