WTF people? Let's talk - expected member responsibilities

The power cable off the Adobe computer.

1 Like

Oh, the power. That’s especially impressive. I was thinking network or maybe monitor or something not insane.

3 Likes

One of the board members was wanting to test a bunch of cinema screens he acquired. Maybe he’s the culprit?

1 Like

Lol, if you can give a time frame,we can check the cameras for cine display goodness.

1 Like

No timeframe known. It was a discussion on TALK.

By Grabthar’s hammer! That was a great video.

2 Likes

Wow! Nope!!!

Thanks for throwing me under the bus.

That was a reach too.

The items I was asking for are uncommon, which is why I was asking if anybody had them available. I do not think DMS owns/uses any unless in the VCC archives.

Please do not accuse people of theft or misappropriation without any facts.

4 Likes

No accusations of theft or misappropriation have happened. Just people trying to help. Please don’t take offense, there are no torches or pitch forks here. Just look at how light the chat is.

3 Likes

I think we are just trying to problem solve the situation.

1 Like

Is this is a special cable or regular old power cable? Because if it’s a regular one, I have plenty and will bring one tomorrow.

1 Like

I actually don’t know @mreynolds was at DMS to find it and report it - chime in Mark what’s up.

Ditto, I have ever power cable known to man.

1 Like

We have since rectified the situation, but the point is mostly why take a cable from a random computer that clearly has a use when you could just ask someone if we have spares somewhere.

6 Likes

I know! I know! I know! I know the answer!

Wonder if it’s the same “child” that left a nice mess on one of the benches in the ELab.
Including a nice hot glue gun that doesn’t a committee color on it. Donation to ELab?

I just bugged @mreynolds and he said he thinks it was before noon yesterday but he wasn’t sure of an exact time.

Around noon?

Yeah so someone (sorry, cant recall whom, I was engrossed in leather stuff) went to use the computer but couldn’t get it to work, so my 11 year old problem solved and found the cable missing (step 1, is it plugged in)

I borrowed a cable from @StanSimmons hoping the original would find it’s way home.

8 Likes

Your son has a future in IT.

5 Likes

As nick said, no buses, no theft accusations intended. When I read your thread looking for the display cables, none of the photos posted came close to looking like any of the cables I had on the Cinema Display I used with a Mac Pro from about 2004-2011 or 12. Couldn’t imagine that somebody would have wanted to acquire mass quantities of cinema displays that were much older than that. Especially since you mentioned Thunderbolt connections, and i knew from my own experiences trying to get an external backup drive for the Mac that Apple went through FireWire and FireWire 2 before going to Thunderbolt. (My display had FireWire.) The photos posted looked more like power blocks to a laptop. But there were people chiming in about this apple thing or that apple thing they had donated to the space, and maybe they were still around. Hence my thought that the computer in question might have had the type of cable that you were looking for.
So… Mea Culpa.

1 Like