Winter Field Day is Here!

Today 1/26 at 1pm is the official start time for the 2019 Winter Field Day. We will be taking it easy and just operating from the Elab. I might not be able to make it by 1pm but I’ll be there as soon as I can. Our exchange will be CALL, 1H, Texas. No need for We do want to use the same call for the whole contest. I plan on being there for as much of the 24 hours as I can, so I’m ok with us using my call W9ECO (just please make sure you are staying inside of the extra privileges) though it could lead to questions about being a 9 in 5 land.

1 Like

Just an update, it looks like I won’t be able to make it to the space until 5 or 6. Hope someone is able to start making contacts sooner. If you do just remember we need the frequency, the other stations call, class, arrl section, and UTC time. I’ve got some log sheets printed up.

Well I’m down at the space and hearing quite a bit, but I’m getting like 3:1 swr on 40 and worse on 80. I’ll have to grab a meter and poke at the fuse block. The red LED isn’t on like the last time so it could be a different issue.

Never got the auto tuner to work, but I did make some real progress on my shack in a box.

1 Like