Where to Acquire Custom Sized Mirror and Glass

I’ve started work on an infinity mirror table project. It’s similar to the link below, but his measurements are way off from the IKEA stuff I’ve got so far.

So the only thing I’m wondering is if there is an affordable place I can get a custom sized glass and mirror. Looked at some places online and it’s way beyond the budget of what I was hoping for this project.

I really need the size of the mirror and the glass to be exact for this to work well.

Just though I’d post here to see if anyone had any ideas.

Another Idea I had was to cut my own acrylic and then use this

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/specialty/mirror-effect/

Has anyone used this before?

Bathroom supply places will cut (and edge polish if you’d like) glass and mirror to just about any size you’d like. Plano Glass is an example of that. I’m sure you’ll pay “full retail” for it, but I’d think it would be cheaper than online even if all you save is the outrageous shipping charges of buying online.

2 Likes

@TLAR knows a lot about glass and mirrors

1 Like

Cool project! I have always wanted to put an infinity ceiling in one of my rooms but it is going to have to wait until I win the lottery.

I have had good results with bathroom shower projects using Binswanger Glass on Harry Hines:

I see they have locations all over the Metroplex.

You can buy mirrored acrylic at home Depot or Lowe’s and many of the plastic suppliers locally. You might have to order the 1 way mirror from an acrylic vendor online. Johnson’s plastic comes to mind but I haven’t looked for 1 way

2 Likes

I will ask at one of those stores about the mirrored acrylic. Thanks for the tip!

Most of what I’ve seen folks online do for the 1 way mirror is just apply a strong window tint to the glass.

Oak Cliff glass & mirror if they are still in business. We used them years ago for a 4x8 sheet in a condo. You can also cut it pretty easily.

Right but if you can’t find a place to size it, just cut acrylic on the laser and youre done

Thinking out loud here.

Can you cut mirrored acrylic on the laser?

Seems like the reflection might just reflect the light straight back.

My mirror supplier carries acrylic mirror as well - I cut some custom pieces to replace some inner cabinet doors on my aunt’s rv because the rv dealer was “not so attentive” after the sale…

2 Likes

Basic Glass mirror cost differs greatly based on two major factors:
Thickness
Country of origin (this also reflects in the quality of the silvering & the glass)
I only buy mirrors from my sources due to the country or manufactureven being the USA.

Fyi, home Depot on 121 north of standridge? had unframed precut mirrors on clearance for $23 last week 36x48, made in China.

1 Like

I have had good luck with Alamo Glass, 10510 Olympic Drive, Dallas, 75220

I went with the mirrored acrylic. My window tint for the clear acrylic will be arriving soon. I will post the results here.

1 Like

I might have a line on two large sheets (approx 4x5 and 4x4) that you might be able to cut to size

1 Like

I might be wanting to do a larger version soon, so if there are reasonably priced, I am interested. :slight_smile:

Thanks to all who chimed in on this thread so long ago.

Here is the finished result:

2 Likes

I have some spare wall, i’m really tempted to make an infinity mirror

Do it. Had a neighbor that made on with a ladder section in it so it looked like a forever well.

2 Likes