Wenge donation on rack

I placed some long wenge strips on the rack in the woodshop as a donation to whomever can use them. There’s also a strip of bubinga in there too I think. I think there’s about 3-4 pieces of wenge that are about 1.5" wide and probably somewhere between 3/4"-1" thick, and then some smaller long lengths. Because it can be splintery, I typically use it as a trim strip inlaid or glued up somewhere in the middle of a piece rather than as a wear edge. There’s a lot that could be done with these, but they’ve sat around here for 3+ years now unused, so I figured I’d get them somewhere that somebody else could make use of them. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Darn it, can someone save me one of the wenge pieces! I cant get there due to w*rk

I’d love a piece as well but I’m sure these will all be gone before I get there at 5 today. If the wenge is still there I will grab you one @mreynolds

1 Like

Grab one for me third if theres any left? that is screaming “pen blanks” at that size :slight_smile:

1 Like

If anyone has a few inches of drop off I would love to have it. I wouldn’t claim an entire strip.

I’d gladly split my piece (if I get one) off for you if you tell me how you make those awesome tiny bowls :slight_smile:

I do have some micro detailing tools and my guess is that’s what I would want to use to make something tiny.

1 Like

I was thinking, when Chris mentioned a few inches, that she could easily turn a dozen bowls with that :slight_smile:

3 Likes