Weaving class update (current class)

So a few things for the current class on the loom. Two important ones and a few random.

IMPORTANT

DATE EXTENSION–as we discussed, there was a possibility of having until this Thursday versus tomorrow/tues to finish weaving off your piece. So yes, you have UNTIL THIS THURS MAY 18 (vs tomorrow tues/16) to finish your piece.

**After that I’ll post here and open it up to DMS-wide for another week for anyone that wants to give it a go (I can give those folks a quick how-to if interested)

FINISHED LENGTH–we originally discussed 20" max, but since we had one no-show, we can divide that and you can weave **24" if you wish

RANDOM

Question re what to do with shuttle while weaving and changing levers, lay down or what?
• I found when I was weaving that I pretty much caught/held it in my left hand regardless of side, and changed levers with right hand

How long to plan for? I’d say 1-1.5 hrs unless you need to hand-wind bobbins (I’m winding empties when I’m at the space with my Swedish bobbin winder we used in class and if you see me around I likely have it with me in my bag, just ask)

Advancing warp is easier if you release tension a bit on front first, then back

Reminder, pattern is alternating levers of 1/3 and 2/4

If the bag of bobbins isn’t on shelf, it’s down in box of weaving yarn in bottom center of cabinet

Warp spacer that drops out and you don’t use for fringe spacing, put in that magazine holder on second shelf down in left

The little adjustable height table I’m temp-loaning if you want to use that is leaning in corner by fiber cabinet and clearly labled for loom use only. It or the open fiber/sewing table are probably the right ergonomic height

Text me with any questions or issues 469-831-0916 (Jeannie)

3 Likes

I have a doctor s appointment tomorrow afternoon and I am coming to the space
afterward, I hope to get mine done

1 Like