We need more threading carbide inserts

Hey guys,

I think we need those inserts:

There is only one on the bar and not in great condition. I couldn’t find any replacements yesterday. @nicksilva

Thank you for the link but we don’t buy from eBay. If you can look it up at Mscdirect.com we can add it to our next orders

Why don’t we get from ebay? we are not a production shop we don’t the higher quality inserts…

Administrative overhead. We try to make it as easy for our procurement officers as possible by providing them with as few sites/sources to visit per an order list.

We also already have all the existing links and part numbers for consumables in a list, and all you have to do is say we need more of X and we just simply check it on the list and pass it onto a the procurement officer as opposed to hunting down a link and ensuring its the right part, etc, etc.

It may sound like not a big deal, but when it is a volunteer organization, removing as many moving parts as possible goes a long way to help ensure everything remains stocked.

3 Likes

Inserts at Mscdirec.com are 10x more expensive.
Can the committee afford this one?
https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/50428994

We have other threading tooling. We should have those inserts, I’d hope anyway.

The shop donen’t have an ebay account tied to a DMS credit card. Feel free to purchase the on your account and submit a receipt for repayment.

well you have a refined taste my friend. I’ll take a closer look at it.

1 Like