Wanted: Powder Coat Oven and Gun Tutorial

I would be interested in a class on this also. I have no experience with it but willing to learn and help out in any way I can if we can get all this together

any updates on the PC oven?

Or should we just look into purchasing one?

It sounds like they have everything to fix the oven and just waiting on electrical outlet that will be done this weekend during the cleanup.

2 Likes

Any updates on the oven? I’ve considered grabbing a craiglist convection oven for coating medium sized parts, as I have a 220V outlet in my garage, but I’ve got a couple projects that are too long even for that.

I believe we are still waiting on power.

2 Likes

Would like to learn to use the powder coat gun to use this technique. No oven needed.

3 Likes

Ditto. I’m definitely interested in powder coating class… Already toying around with some graphics for the faceplates.

1 Like

Re-re-re-bump out of curiosity

1 Like

I believe we have a good Eastwood gun, and a working small oven.

The large oven has been a project for a few years. After the last Board meeting, I asked @dallasmagna about purchasing a new oven. These are plentiful on ebay and seem to be of high quality. Chuck was agreeable to the idea.

@dallasmagna What can we do to make this happen?

5 Likes

Metal shop now has a large kiln appropriate for powder coating.

@Kriskat30
@Paul_Mai

3 Likes

I would be interested in learning how to powder coat copper for jewelry

1 Like

Shares the plug with the plasmacam for now, so shouldn’t matter

John, I see that lots of people (including me) are interested in a class - and I know that you very graciously put together classes on a wide variety of things. Are you willing to teach a class on this? (or anybody else?)

4 Likes

Please, please and more

1 Like

Zach it stays super cool on the outside. It’ll find a permanent home soon.

I’ll vouch for minimal interference with the last PlasmaCAM class, when it was being used/tested by Chris W. Don’t get me wrong, another 2-5 feet or more between them would be wonderful, because you can never really have too much room to work, but it honestly wasn’t a problem. I have no idea regarding the internal temps being used then, but external heat emissions went unnoticed.

1 Like

Sounds like there has been a lot of progress on this. I am new to the space and look forward to seeing the kiln in action.

1 Like

Paul Mai is going to put together classes.

6 Likes

In the metal shop meeting last night we were thinking about putting it near the welding area. We have two plugs of the same type for the welders, when you really only need one of them.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the eventual goal, but right now if someone is fusing glass in this machine, it takes the plasmacam down entirely for 12 hours. Plus now I can weld cast iron :slight_smile:

1 Like