Want to get your hands on Lulu the Tabletop Loom?

I think that is a great idea, The looms are so different from
other equipment, the only thing close is firing the kiln

The rigid heedle project may help some,

1 Like

Again, if you read my VERY DETAILED lengthy class description, it lays it out and would answer that question. With the last step of registration being the pop up that said to be sure you understood game plan before signing up. No surprises.

Plus I included two different ways to contact me with any questions.

Hereā€™s the link again:
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/2129

2 Likes

Nice. Iā€™ll watch over your shoulder if we are there at the same time. Iā€™m still a little confused about how access is granted. Also, Iā€™ve a loom at home, so I certainly understand how time consuming it is to warp one.

Still not seeing clearly how this tool works for CA at DMS given its footprint. Feels a little like ā€œhere, we taught you to use the car lift, you can take your car up and down, but donā€™t change your oil or anything.ā€ But itā€™s not going to affect me that much, so Iā€™m happy to let it go.

The table-top Heddle loom should be ready for action tomorrow morning or so. Several small mods to it, think weā€™re pretty functional now.

5 Likes

@Tapper I am beyond stoked that youā€™re doing this for us!

2 Likes

Hopefully, itā€™s nice and usable now!

3 Likes

THANKS! Very excited and thanks bunches for all the effort youā€™ve put into this project.

Weā€™ll be there next Tuesday (unless @FeatherCuffs will be around before then) and can test-drive it. Will you be around or lemme know where we can retrieve it?

3 Likes

Well, Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m can simplify explaining the loom usage any further for you. I am however very glad youā€™re finally happy.

7 Likes

Tuesday is possible, Iā€™ll also be there off and on this weekend, Iā€™ll bundle up the loom and accessories, and see if I can find a place in fiberarts area for it, otherwise, itā€™ll be in my storage slot.

2 Likes

I wonā€™t be there until Tuesday because itā€™s opening weekend at the renfair (and thus my jewelry shop out there). :slight_smile:

I think it will be better to hang out in your personal storage if thatā€™s ok. (PM me locationā€¦is it in same spot as before?)

The fiber cabinet is full to the gills, and Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s no room on top of the cabinets. Iā€™m not sure itā€™d be safe leaned in that corner with the vinyl cutter access right above it. (I will be moving some things around once we have the one we keep for the class. Folks buying their kits will carry their personal back and forth obviously).

1 Like

A ful sheet of birth is behind the cabinets in ca ready for you to use. :heart: thank you

2 Likes

Say what now?? :grimacing:

2 Likes

You heard meā€¦full sheets of birth WTH
Full sheet of birch

Screw it. Look at a baby sloth. Heā€™s gives on fā€™s about anythingā€¦except fire ants, humans, the shrinking environment, people stealing up cute sloths for pictures. Be the baby sloth Mark. Be the sloth.

5 Likes

Mark - youā€™re the sloth and Iā€™m the ā€œdirty rat bastardā€ Nicole gives us all such cute animal names.

Youā€™re lucky! Iā€™m not clean and an illigitimate rodent.

5 Likes