Wanna weave today? Come play

Ok, so we have a little open warp leftover from class on Lulu (the four-harness loom on top of the fiber caninet).

It’s open season today if anyone wants to play around and weave some or the rest before I cut it off tonight after tours.

If anyone is interested in playing around with trying out weaving, find me in either the common room or CA (orange shirt, long hair) if you need pointers and I can give you a quick lesson, then you just sit down and have fun.

There are several patterns to choose from and whatever you weave can be picked up starting next Tuesday. A little sample cloth can be a great for lots of small projects.

Bobbins and shuttle are in the fiber cabinet. Yarn in blue bin. The patterns (twill and plain weave mixes), the drafts are in the purple folder next to the magazine holder in the cabinet. I can show you how to read them. Or just weave plain weave (alternate shafts 1/3 and 2/4)

I might step out a bit for lunch at some point but will be around most of the day other than that.

2 Likes