Volunteer Opportunities - Floor Quotes in Interactive Classroom

There is a need for flooring quotes in the interactive classroom. The floor is atrocious and needs repair.

The Volunteer role for this job is to get quotes on multiple floor options such as but limited to polished concrete, vinyl etc. and present them to the classroom to get the ball moving on repairs.

:warning: **NOTE**: This category is **NOT** for discussion threads. Any "discussion" will be split out by one of the TALK Moderators to create a separate "discussion thread".
1 Like

Time frame question: when do we expect to be signing the new lease?

2 Likes

@Bill Bill are you able to get quotes for this?

I was going to but not in the immediate future.

What are the details needed to get some quotes?

A substantial part of the cost will be how much prep work is needed on the old floor. They will likely have to come here and see it to know.

Is there any of the prep work we can do? Such renting a floor sander to remove the paint.

1 Like

I would rather pay to have it done so that the work will be done quickly during the day to minimize the disruption and the mess.

I know, we are discussing…

Is there anyone able to own this project and get quotes for different floor options?

S&H Flooring (only the Dallas location) has (or had) OK vinyl and carpet for under $2/sq ft installed. They are shady and their customer service is terrible. However, I have had them install flooring 3 times because I wanted as cheap as possible and no one else could beat their prices. If you go to a different location (Allen), the prices will be higher and the customer service will probably be even worse. ETA that I recommend them due to the cost and it worked well for me but I always have to warn people that dealing with them is unpleasant.

1 Like

Sheesh, tell us how you really feel

Julie are you able to get a quote for the Interactive Classroom and present them at the next BOD meeting or next months BOD meeting?

@Julie-Harris
Are you able to get a quote?

If I understand correctly, the Classroom Chair, @Bill, was wanting to hold off until we know the status of contract negotiations. I believe he mentioned wanting to make sure that we will be staying before spending a large amount of money for improvements that wouldn’t be able to be taken with us if we move.

1 Like

I can safely say there is no intention of moving out if that is the concern, also this is a quote not authorization of expenses.

4 Likes

It looks like I am going to be working on flooring in the near future so I would be happy to get some quotes and samples for DMS at the same time if no one else can take this on and if you don’t need it right away. I’m not sure if I can be responsible for it though, I’m still working on a year end audit at work. Does anyone have measurements? An in-person quote might be better if there is a lot of prep work. I think the cost of installation included removing tile for one of my floors or if it didn’t, the cost to take out the tile was reasonable but I cannot remember.

ETA that I can ask about prep work, any time I had to have S&H Flooring do extra work the cost was very reasonable… in fact most of the time they did a lot of extra work for free.

2 Likes

The Interactive Classroom is approximately 31’ by 26’.

1 Like