Tig welder is missing gas cup and collet

The Tig wider is missing the ceramic cup and the collet, and the toolbox is different now, so I’m not really sure where to find it anymore. Anyone know what’s up?

We don’t have a gas lens. We do have regular collet/cups.

Then the collet and cup are missing from the torch head.

I haven’t gotten a chance to make new labels yet, but in the new toolbox there is a combined welding drawer on the right hand side (has the MIG pliers and other parts in it as well).

However, do remember that the consumables on the torch head are not a certainty, we encourage everyone to bring their own.

A full torch head set with all the different sizes is pretty inexpensive on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018G84KNA/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=A36Z3OSNGKRNI4&psc=1

Regards,
-Jim

I was planning on buying some consumables, but I’m waiting for another pay check. Lol. Is it safe to assume I won’t be welding tonight then?

I think there are some in that right side yellow drawer in the welding bay chest, at least there was one or two when I moved the tools to the new chests.

1 Like

I’m stopping by the space sometime today, I have a bunch of the pink ceramic cups and and an extra collet or two if you need to borrow one. I’ll drop them into my bin in the galley. Let me know if you want to grab it and I’ll point you to them in a PM.

1 Like

I will be by today(this afternoon) to re-stock. Monday there was a collet & cup on it when I changed the Argon over.

1 Like

Gracias senor. Once i can get my own set i will, but until then im going to have to depend on the provided consumables and hope they’re there when i am. lol

Ive put a number 6 cup with 3/32 purple tungsten on the torch. The tungsten needs to be sharpened before use however.

1 Like

Thank you!

Yay!

And where can we purchase locally?

consumables are far far cheaper on amazon than locally

I had just ordered a bunch of supplies on Amazon… Upside is that is cheap… Downside is that the delivery is no sooner than 02/11/19 and can be as late as 03/05/19.

Amazon prime?

Ugggh… No. Don’t have Prime… It didn’t give me that option either. And I think I’ve used up that avenue in the past.

Also, I’ve ordered a bunch of other TIG stuff like tungsten, TIG Finger, etc etc etc…

Totally can’t wait!

worth every cent. or buy from aliexpress. without Amazon Prime, its probably much cheaper to buy straight from China.

Dallas is a amazon hub, you’re almost guaranteed to get what you order at prime speeds even if you dont have it.

1 Like

Yes… This is Prime enough! Lol
Totally can’t wait! Then comes the tungsten.

I also went on a bit of shopping spree too while I was at it. Lol

we have one of those gauges, but it’s affixed above the box/pan brake so we don’t lose it lol. Great little references.

1 Like