The Good of the Land Fest - November 17th

Lindale, TX is hosting the “Good of the Land Fest” next weekend. I stumbled on this watching one of Jimmy Diresta’s videos. Thought some maker’s might be interested in attending. Lindale, TX is about 1.5 hours east of the Dallas Makerspace off of I-20.

This event showcases the Industrial Revolution with an astonishing array of historical memorabilia. A perfect backdrop to celebrate old skills brought back to life. 12 acres of history packed with PhD’s and masters of their craft assembled for you.

• Pond maintenance
  • Looming
  • Pottery
  • Tree Grafting
  • Blacksmithing
  • Welding
  • Solar
  • Natural soaps and candle making
  • Animal husbandry
  • Off-grid living
  • Homesteading
  • Tiny house construction and lifestyle
  • Metal casting
  • Tool restoration
  • Firewood processing
  • Hit and miss motor demonstrations
  • Machining

4 Likes

I think Jimmy Diresta & the guy from SV Seeker is going to be there, among I think a few other YouTubers.

1 Like

Essential Craftsman and a few other blacksmiths too.

2 Likes

Good of the Land Fest 2019 - October 26th

If you thought last year was awesome, hold on to your hats! This year will be bigger and better in every way. The 2nd Annual Good of the Land Fest will take place at the Texas Early Days Tractor and Engine Association Show Grounds in Temple, TX. Covering 58 acres of history, it’s the perfect location to celebrate old skills brought back to life… blacksmithing, woodworking, campfire cooking, metal casting, welding, printing press operation, pottery, animal husbandry, antique tool restoration and operation, hundreds of operational antique tractors, engines, and equipment, tree grafting, candle and soap making, pottery, beekeeping, and so much more!

This year’s special guests are Eric, Andrew, and Jimmy from the fitZall podcast (not to mention YouTube, Instagram, and network television fame).
Check them out here:
Eric (Hand Tool Rescue): youtube.com/user/erzzi6
Andrew (Blacksmith Tools): instagram.com/blacksmithtools
Jimmy Diresta: youtube.com/user/jimmydiresta

They’ll be joined by fellow YouTube creators:
Adam (Abom79): youtube.com/user/Abom79
Stan (Bar Z Industrial): youtube.com/user/shadonhkw
Dale (Build Something Cool): youtube.com/user/jigandtoolguy
Liam - Forged in Fire Champion (Hoffman Blacksmithing):
youtube.com/user/HoffmanBlacksmith96
Doug (SV Seeker): youtube.com/user/submarineboat
Stephen Cox: youtube.com/user/sphinx4785
Jim (DoRite Fabrication):
youtube.com/channel/UCQ41JPfk4Bemp6G-GSjI0lg
Keith Rucker (VintageMachinery.org):
youtube.com/user/ksruckerowwm
Texas Boys: youtube.com/channel/UCkns4vMbwYwinCrZX8JwAig
Roy (Christ Centered Ironworks):
youtube.com/channel/UCVZa2bQrCprFEk0kzmarilA
Ray’s Garage: youtube.com/user/RSC1254
and many more!

4 Likes

I would love to see Tubalcain there.
Well Machine Shop Meeting is that day, so I’m out

I dunno… DMS to Temple’s only ~2 hrs. Might be time to ROADTRIP the meeting…

Recruiting Road Trip Meeting?

@Team_PR, might be worth a trip for some. Given the YT talent, I think it would be a good opportunity.

Let’s change the machine shop meeting day! I’d love to go to that!

1 Like

I’m not available for the road trip. Maybe some others on the team can attend. Do you need anything specific from PR?

I personally feel it is a great marketing opportunity with like minded people. The fact that very popular Youtubers going would pay on two fold. Number one is the sheer people who watch their channels, I’ll bet that brings people directly. Two, the Youtuber’s might themselves become interested and give us plugs. Given their large subscriber count with equally interested individuals is a good thing.

The Good Of The Land Fest almost directly aligns with our mission statement. From the website
https://www.discovertemple.com/conventions-events/the-good-of-the-land-fest/

Covering 58 acres of history, it’s the perfect location to celebrate old skills brought back to life… blacksmithing, woodworking, campfire cooking, metal casting, welding, printing press operation, pottery, animal husbandry, antique tool restoration and operation, hundreds of operational antique tractors, engines, and equipment, tree grafting, candle and soap making, pottery, beekeeping, and so much more.

I’d go myself if the Machine Shop committee was good with having the committee meeting on Sunday instead.

2 Likes

I’m sure anyone in this thread’s already seen it, but Alyssa’s offering some tix here:
https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/tickets-available-for-the-good-of-the-land-fest/63832/2

1 Like