The Cell Phone of the Future Will Be Implanted in Your Head

We where promised a world of high tech and would you know it, it’s already here.

Of course one can’t forget that wireless storage and display glasses is also a thing too:

Now, when are we getting 5d Crystal storage?

Concerns about RF causing brain cancer persists…

This cannot possibly go over any way but awesome.

Concerns, sure. Any meaningful correlation when the RF source is as low-powered at the frequencies that cell phones use, not after dozens of studies.

Of course there are countless other reasons not to want to implant an electronic device in your body such as obsolescence, poisoning from the housing, concerns about the power supply, the difficulty of repairing or servicing implanted devices, and the hilarious security concerns a permanently embedded device presents.

1 Like

The issue is will people who refuse to partake ultimately be discriminated against? They’re not getting in my head!

1 Like

Going to have to build that installed user base first…

Resist even if it’s futile.

1 Like

Lol, Not in my head.

1 Like

People with cochlearimplants are kinda already there. Although they do have to have the external parts as well as the in-the-head parts.

2 Likes

Going to need vastly improved spam blockers.

On the plus side, tinfoil hats will actually work.

3 Likes

There have been occasions where my husband has seriously risked getting his cell phone implanted in his head …

:smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I actually think they will put them in your stomach area and run wires up to your brain.

Brain area real estate is pricey and annoying bones. Stomach area, not so much.

RF brain cancer like cigarette cancer is genetic based (opinion with some evidence supporting it.) Wait and see.

There are more people now on cell phones and listening to music on headsets. Yet the amount of brain cancer is not really going up.

I have known people who got lung cancer from smoking or 2nd hand smoke and other folks who were 3 packs a day until they smoked the last one as they were put in a coffin. Your mileage may vary.

We are on the cusp of some amazing body technology. I think there will be a superorgan that will be added to everyone’s body, in 20 years, who can afford it. It will watch for cancer issues, cholesterol, fat deposits and run constant diagnostics for minor body issues before they become major body issues. It will be the parking garage for nano machines that will scour your blood and blood vessels. They will keep your blood vessels free from plaque. Watch for weak wall in blood vessels or tumors. All those with this super organ will be healthy and lean. It will host an army of gizmos to help you live a long and healthy life. If something like cancer does happen, you will know at the earliest point possible. Treatments for that cancer can be added into your super organ toolkit. Micro doses of gene engineered anti cancer medication will be released at the right place and time. With nano machinery running scrapes and bruises will be healed almost overnight without scarring. Major surgery healing time will be reduced to a fraction. Pain management become a a non issue. And on and on.

We are headed to 3D printed organs. That is 5-10 years away. Designed with your own genetic material, that replace organ will not have rejection issues. This will eliminate the need for organ transplants.

Doing skin grafts grown from your own skin for burn victim treatment. This is miraculous and quick. In current experiments a one week treatment resolved all burn issues. This is a nightmare today. If you want to have a sleepless night read up on burn victim “treatments.” Horrifying. You have been warned.

Gene engineered medications for cancer treatment are already in development.

Gene replacement therapy happened already in China. The doctor may be executed. Current news.

Not that far away.

3 Likes

Ghost in the Shell isn’t science fiction after all.
Are the sci-fi authors really time travelers.

2 Likes

I’m already getting too many unwanted phone calls and texts as is. Plus memory has to be reflashed / replaced every so often. The closest way to approach a real working system is as the one lady said above a cochlear implant. I’m a good solid candidate for getting a cochlear in about ~20 years so I’ll let you know if/ when I get one of those.

I can see trial lawyers having fun with this.
“Your honor, honorable members of the jury, someone hacked into my clients cell phone implant. Then came the unknown voices in his head. Which in turn led to my client to commit these heinous acts. We have evidence on the time line…”

Entertainment in the making.

2 Likes

I can see the government having “fun” with this.

An implanted tracking device that you can’t turn off or remove the batteries.

No thanks.

1 Like

A tin foil hat to keep things from coming in and going out:worried:

1 Like

Unless the radio part is implanted in the stomach area where there is more room.

Then it’s not a tinfoil hat. It’s something that would not look out of place in 1970’s scifi…

Could implant it in the more universally fattiest part of the body; Gluteus maximus

Holy butt dial, Batman!

4 Likes