Texas State Fair

It’s that time again!

You can go on line and register your entries at https://bigtex.com/get-involved/creative-competitions/ by July 20th to enter, or call the Texas state Fair for a book 214-565-9931

At this time you do not have to have your entry ready , or even know what you want to enter. You are just entering for a spot, or spots in each category. Register and pay a $5.00 entry fee per entry. Seniors and kids pay a discounted price. Please make sure to check out the amateur qualifications.

There are several categories to enter! (I saw several slip cast entries last year)

You have until August to decide what you want to enter. Once you have decided what items you want to enter they will need to be dropped off at the Fair grounds Friday August 10th to Sunday August 12th.

Items that do not win an award during the judging need to be picked back up Sept 5th to Sept 7th.

This is a lot of fun!, I plan to enter some pottery and turned wood. I don’t qualify as an amateur in the other categories.

7 Likes

Some of those competitions get very few entries, too.

Then there’s the kids who win blue ribbons for putting together a Lego set straight out of the box…

They had some really nice exhibits last year

Good luck to any and all that enter. I had a buddy that would enter in photography every year. I always laughed as he lost to children, the judging tends to favor children more than quality in many of the categories.

1 Like

Entry catalog shows kids have their own categories

2 Likes

any idea what there i could find the prizes in each category? I don’t want to spend $100 on a piece, and then win a $5 walmart giftcard. At least, not again…

1 Like

Thank you, I might get my kids to enter something. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, man, five bucks is five bucks…

it is. and a $95 dollar loss is two months that i can’t afford DMS :disappointed_relieved:

It’s only a loss if you only made whatever you made in order to win prizes.

1 Like

All you get is s awesome ribbon

5 Likes

For the love of the art,

0174F4C7-CF88-4860-A7FA-5C11828705F4

7 Likes

Submitting an entry to the State Fair has been on my bucket list. Going for it this year!

5 Likes