Tails, TOR, and Bridges

I know there was some talk a while back about a Tor Bridge at the space, but haven’t seen or heard anything recently. I’m curious if there are any regular users of TOR or Tails that would be interested in doing a class about what it is and why it’s important. I know just the basics but would be interested to know more… especially with the political winds changing rapidly as they are.

@jonathan_brandenburg gave a Tails class in the Spring. Might be interested in doing so again.

1 Like

Not sure about a class per se but I’ve quite familiar with Tails, TOR, Bridges, Bitcoin’s blockchain, and IPFS. I use these semi-daily for a private administrative darknet.

So if anyone is wanting advice or guidance then I’m available for an AMA.

1 Like

I did give a presentation introducing the concepts and value proposition of Tails. With sufficient interest, we could certainly do that again. Or, we could have an install party, etc.
jb

While I believe there is value in classes, I agree with Brooks. Using DMS bandwidth to host a TOR exit node and exposing DMS to possible litigation (disclaimers and EULAs notwithstanding), is not aligned with our educational mission.

2 Likes

Agreed… Classes are one thing… I’m confident that a live demo would not be approved.