🌟 We need an event for 2️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ members

@peter doesn’t exist… your message wouldn’t get to him either way. @Peter_Smith, however, would work fine.

1 Like

This is a great idea! I love the idea of celebrating the first members.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. The 2000th member is fuzzy logic.

Every day we have people join and cancel.

“Whoop! Your member 2,000. Oh, sorry, someone just cancelled before you joined. Your member 1999.”

Waiting…

“We just had 5 people join and 2 cancel.”

The cycle of add and cancellations is crazy.

Stan gave me a program that shows current membership count. It moves up and down every day. I had to quit checking it as often.

There will be a point pretty soon that we will have over 2,000 members. Who exactly is 2,000th is not precise.

I’d say the first time we get to 2000 members, it’s an accomplishment enough …
I’m not certain we need to be specific on who is the 2000th member.

2 Likes

Since I review each cancellation in order to remove them from the DMS Members (i.e., green dot) Talk group (sigh), I will agree with what you said.

Maybe when we announce our Open House we should publicize it by saying, “Come see what a 2,000 member Makerspace looks like!”

4 Likes

Its 2018 we could make the special member number 2018 We will have to
wait longer, but then we would have a fairly firm 2k member

1 Like

It seems like we could just figure out who was 2000 based on the data available. It isn’t something we would normally want to do, but isn’t there some way to evaluate order of transactions or something?

Personally, I think the Space hitting 2000 is more important than who that person is. All 1,999 members are equally part of that 2,000.

3 Likes

Re Member 2000, we should give them a free subdermal rfid chip.

1 Like

That should be the prize for #1984

3 Likes

There is a prize for #1984 and we cannot talk about it…lol

4 Likes