Speaking of the heat press from hell - new stuff on it's way

I’ve been fighting a silent battle with the seller of our old heat press. Finally after getting Amazon involved I was able to get a refund. Seriously it was crazy.

Now that the refund is processed I’ve purchased a more substantial heat press to meet our growing interest in dye sublimation and soon vinyl.
It’s this one heat press and I purchased another control box for mugs.

The old machine threw sparks so I really don’t think I want to put it on the donation shelf. I think I’m just going to throw it away out of safety concern.

Thank you to @CaryF300 for basically driving the program/building interest/sharing his knowledge and loaning his tools during this extended pain in the booty.

I would like the old press please. I can probably fix the sparking issue and wanted a lower heating element for my press at the office for specialty work.

Ok as long as its public knowledge that you are taking something that was known to be defective.

2 Likes

I’m curious why returning it wasn’t part of the refund process…

SHHHHH, Mike we don’t need to alert the company to their bad practices.

Just kidding, more likely than not we purchased a Chinese made heat press that when purchased in bulk is very inexpensive. Thus, if the press is broken, it is cheaper to just let it be thrown away rather than pay return shipping and the expertise to repair it. Also, these are heavy so return shipping might of been pricey. We live in a more and more disposable world these days. Kind of sad.

I tried to reach the 4X seller with no success
2X because of a manual
2X because it wasn’t working
No word from them
Filed an amazon claim
They called me 12 times from China
Yes, I said 12.
They started texting me as well begging me to take the claim off
I told them to stop texting
I told them to stop calling me
They sent the wiggle wire and I had two days to return an email or they would take the claim off
They took the claim off
I told amazon thats not cool
They called me from China to tell me not to tell amazon
I told them stop calling
I got a bag with a strange wire and no instructions in the mail
I told admin that I might reverse a claim on the CC because I was done with this whole crap and I don’t have time to deal
I replaced the wiggle wire with chuck
It worked
I told amazon
I didn’t tell the seller because I wasn’t friends with them
Cary tried the press
It threw sparks
I told amazon
I told the seller to give me my money back
The seller told me they were sending another part to replace
I told them no give me my money back
I told amazon they sucked
Amazon agreed
The seller tried one more time to try to convince me to take it apart
I told them no you suck
Amazon said - here is some money
Period.
Drop the mic

Seriously the worst buying experience I’ve ever had over Amazon or anywhere really. It took forever and someone named Betty with a heavy Cantonese accent sound downright terrified every time I talked to her.

4 Likes

But, but she “made you an offer you couldn’t refuse.” :slight_smile:

http://www.elementi.hr/slike/zhang%20ziyi%20-female%20marial%20arts.jpg

Why do I feel like that was not the first telling of this story. :smile:

2 Likes