Sorry, have to ask about a few things

Is it a good time to come back or is everything upside down with the expansion? I’m planted in Dallas for a few months, and would like to come back. I know me, however, and the idea of everything I want to try being shut down or set aside will make me even (moar) crazy.

1. How many working copies Photoshop are there on working computers that are actually plugged in with cords to an electrical source. (You laugh. I read something.)

2. Did a table saw without a stop feature find its way to woodworking? (I looked. Couldn’t find a final answer. Tickled about the idea of a working table router, though.)

3. Sadly, see no action on a wide-format printer, but I can work around that.

4. What’s shut down or off limits until the expansion is complete?

Yes, of course, I’m willing to come in and do some work. Those who know me know I work a lot at the space in between projects. But I need to step in fully aware of the current situation in order to protect the creative side of my brain. I’m kind of fickle like that. Better to know than to be disappointed.

Brought back some fun fabrics from India. Can’t wait to figure out what they will be. Also, need to get some mending done, but I have my fingers crossed a needle and thread are still easy to find.

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/list-of-volunteer-opportunities/47804/4

Since I’m not a member right now, I don’t have access to the nonmember topic link you posted.

Just a list of volunteer opportunities re: the expansion. I copied in before reviewing it, which was an error as it hasn’t been up dated in a while. @John_Marlow is the one to talk to if you want to help.

[Note to Members: Please tag PR when you see posts from new or potential members with questions about DMS]

Welcome. Please excuse the delay.

How did you hear about Dallas Makerspace?

Here are the answers to your questions:

We currently have 12 PC’s with Adobe Suite: 4 in Digital Media (one on the “crash cart” that can be unplugged and moved for classes, 4 in Laser, 3 on the design table, 1 in Creative Arts

Yes! We have a brand new Powermatic

We have a team on this. It will probably be ordered next month to be delivered when expansion is ready.

This will be publicized after the Expansion meeting for Committee Chairs, Tues 1/22

Thanks for considering DMS!

2 Likes

Maybe consider updating your profile settings to “tracking” for whatever category(s) you feel is of general (or specific) interest to you? Not sure if this can be done for an @Team group, but maybe/possibly…

1 Like

Cindy has been a past member so she’s just asking a few specifics for her. I believe we have 8 current adobe licensed machines and are wide format printer free for the foreseeable future. Although there is a SIG for it lol.

A beautiful new to us powermatic 66 is in the woodshop but you’ll need to be trained on it.

Shut downs are not fully know yet but I’ve been told there will be 3 different days down for power but that they will be on M-f and willl not be consecutive. My goal is to have as few down days as possible.

4 Likes

Thank you for the addition.

1 Like

The Adobe faulty licenses in Laser are being looked into. I believe it is an issue of not being logged in.

1 Like

So here’s the vague, non-date specific answer. As soon as we get the contractor work done next door AND get the Occupancy Certificate from… from… the city?? Fire marshall?? then the areas that are designated will move over. While I’m thinking that shouldn’t be more than a day or two, we’ll see. Maybe a week. That’s Ceramics, Glass Works, Jewelry, Machine Shop, Automotive … um , Science? Then we work on the build-out for Woodshop, Creative Arts, and Metal Shop. I’ve forgotten where Laser is going, but they’re moving somewhere.

The impression I have is that no individual committee should be closed for very long. All committees are currently open. Most are poised to buy Stuff the second we get more room. It may take several months to get everything finished, but no individual committee should be closed for long.

2 Likes

That was really helpful! I think I’ll just stay out of the way until it’s all sorted out.
Good luck everyone! Happy growing.

The more help they get moving, the less time a committee will be down.

Laser is the last to move - into the current WoodShop minus two corridors.

2 Likes

Metal SHop will be able to complete their move - after laser moves to old wood shop. The whole move is rising to an entire quantum entanglement Schrodinger’s cat space-time problem. image

2 Likes

I did not mention Metal Shop as they are essentially expanding in place.

1 Like

I believe the up-to-date final layout is here. Seems like Laser would be roughly where the southern portion of the woodshop is now.

1 Like