Shout out to automotive

I just wanted to take the time to give a big shout out to pretty much the entire automotive department, for helping me to fix my car. They saw that i had no idea what i was doing, and took the time to come over and help me fix everything. You guys are alright in my book!

I especially want to thank Allen, @TLAR, and M.J. everyone in the department was a big help, they are just the only ones whose names i learned.

9 Likes

What ended up being the problem with cylinder #1?

1 Like

somehow the hydraulic lifter rods popped out from underneath the piston headers

What in the hell is a ā€œpiston headerā€?

1 Like

i might have the terms wrong; rocker heads might be it?

Looks like one of the following?

If so, ā€œRocker armā€ is the correct term. Though, pretty rare for a lifter to completely dislodge from underneath its rocker. What kind of car?

the second picture. yeah, from everyoneā€™s reaction, that is what i gathered. itā€™s a 2004 pontiac grand am v6

1 Like

GM proving, once again, that if it can be built, it can be broken. Iā€™ve never even heard of a pushrod engine straight dropping a lifter. I need to know more.

Anyone who helped Zach have more details?

1 Like

Zach,

Iā€™m glad it wasnā€™t worse.

Kris, you should have heard that thing drive up the ramp ā€¦ that car is a PRIME example of why car owners should take a moment and learn how to CHECK their OIL LEVELā€¦
there is zero reason for ever having no oil on the dipstick(in this case there was no oil for the dipstick to reach until Allen poured 3 or 4 quarts in ?

Good times.
Glad it turned out to be less than an engine.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a strong proponent of minding oneā€™s fluids. Keep the fluid where itā€™s supposed to be and itā€™ll keep the car happy.

2 Likes

Looks like you were dead on. :wink:

Good job, gang!

3 Likes