Should public nudity be legal?

Actually I just want to know if anybody reads and has an opinion about Kialo, a forum for structured debates on different topics including whether or not public nudity should be legal.

If you think it’s a good upgrade from the dated talk interface it’s worth looking into. I just can’t click that link from here in my office :wink:

I would make a great poster child against it.

4 Likes

I would expect it to be much like open carry in Texas:

Much public (and pubic) FUD
If passed, a few might experiment with it
But by and large, it would remain rare to see anyone take advantage
And those who did, would more often than not be the ones you really didn’t want to

3 Likes

Why not?

Tis a free country isn’t it…

Exposing others to nudity might constitute a breach of liberty of others, and in particular of the liberty from sexual harassment as to which involuntary exposure to nudity can be interpreted.

I always have a problem finding a place to hang my hat at restaurants and movies…this might/could solve that.

1 Like

Eyeroll. and some more eyerolls.

No, really, the fewer coats and sweaters and wraps and scarves people are wearing, the more room on the coatrack for my hat.

But I notice you seem to be doing a lot of eye-staring? :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

1 Like

After living outside the US for many year I’ve discovered that we have a big hangup about our bodies. This really came to light when younger neighbor was talking about seeing “side Boob”, he had to explain it to me.

Been to plenty of nude beaches around the world and it was no big deal, some really nice looking bodies and some very old and sagging ones, FYI in most places staring or “other” signs interest would get you a stern lecture or ejected from the beach.

So back to the original question, should we allow public nudity? My answer would be no, while I see no shame in nudity, I would lose sleep just thinking about seeing most Americans in the buff…

2 Likes